⤖ chapter forty-seven

"You've worked hard!"

The recording had come to its end. Hangyul congratulated Heejung as she went out of the recording room and met her halfway through the door, raising his hand for a high five to which Heejung enthusiastically gave.

"Finally." she let out a satisfied sigh, going to sit the couch where Sehun was sitting prettily, scrolling through social media. His head lifted upon noticing her presence next to him.

"You're done?" He asked and she bobbed her head yes.

"Let's listen to it," Hangyul voiced as he pressed the space bar and the intro of his product resounded to the corners of the studio.

Throughout the song, Heejung intricately listened to her parts. And so did Sehun. He focused in registering her low, sweet voice in his mind, internally admiring the girl busy spotting any mistake, next to him.

He bumped his right shoulder to her left that earned a look from the 19-year-old. Instead of scowling at him, it was replaced with a grin when a contagious bright smile plastered on his lips. "Well done, Elsa."

She was supposed to seriously thank him not until he said the pet name again, causing her to cackle, shaking her head.

"If I'm Elsa, then you must be Hans."

"Excuse me?" He arched a brow. "I'm Kristoff. I'm a nice guy."

"Yeah no. Elsa and Hans are mortal enemies."

***

"What do you want for lunch?" Heejung queried, turning to Sehun as they walk side by side through the corridors of SME from Hangyul's studio.

"Anything except chicken."

Her brows quirked up, scoffing a titter. "Don't make it too obvious that you care for me."

Eyes rolling as a scoff was emitted in his expression, Sehun ignored her playful remark. His hands inside the pockets of his jacket, meeting gazes with a few staff he knows.

"How about SMT House? I haven't been there in ages!" She said, recalling the last time she's been in the company restaurant, a flicker of excitement drawn in her pupils.

"Sure."

Just as they were about to redirect to the parking lot, a boy grabbed their attention, particularly Sehun's. "Sehun! I was looking for you! I'm guessing your phone's in silent mode again." He chuckled with a shrug before he pulled the older to a brotherly hug.

"Sorry, I was kinda busy earlier," Sehun replied, tapping the other's back and the boy couldn't help but raise his brows in impressment, subtly flickering his eyes to the girl behind Sehun who sent him an awkward slight grin of greeting.