⤖ chapter fifty-seven

As the door creek open, Sehun found an empty space with no light shedding from any source

As the door creek open, Sehun found an empty space with no light shedding from any source. His heart sunk with his shoulders, heaving out a heavy sigh.

A disheartened chuckle left his lips and he dropped his head.

He walked to the couch and plopped down, absentmindedly staring at the tv in front of him as memories flooded his mind.

Dismay struck him for not finding Heejung in the house. He went back for that reason – to see her.

A week had already passed and he didn't stop trying to get her to anwer his calls or texts. She didn't even bother to leave him on read. Sehun also tried getting in touch with Myunghui, but all she got from her was assurance that Heejung is alright and did not leave any more details about her, leaving him with anything but access to her.

His eyes caught the sight of an envelope resting on top of the center table. He pushed his frame forward and took it. A piece of paper was in it – Sehun was already aware what it could be.

Pulling the piece of paper halfway, he saw big letters printed in bold at the top of it.

JOINT COMPLAINT, PETITION, OR DECLARATION FOR SIMPLIFIED DIVORCE

The paper was left pulled out halfway as his hand halted from continuing. Despite knowing the possibility of receiving this one day, Sehun could not help but be befuddled with what he was faced that hour.

He slumped back to rest his frame on the backrest of the couch, a heavy sigh leaving his trembling lips as his gaze directed to the ceiling. Silence rang in his ears as everything in his mind went loud.

Why am I having a hard time?

If this would've occured months back, he knew he can sign the papers in a blink of an eye without any second thoughts.

But it's different now.

He felt different around her. She was different, she was special to him. She was more than just the daughter of his family's business partner. She was his... and he was hers – that's what he thought they were when they're together.

But that can never happen now.

He could only dream having Heejung to stay with him. To experience life in its craziest points, with them as the craziest persons to face the challenges it throws.

But she has already decided. And he respects that choice.

Grabbing his phone from the pocket of his black jacket, he dialed her number. Yet again, it said the number was busy. He dialed a few more times before resulting to another way.

My Elsa

I need to talk to you
Please

idrk how divorce papers really look like so don't at me for the inaccuracy hehe i just looked it up on my best friend google