⤖ chapter three

Disbelief

            Disbelief. Heejung was wordlessly mindblown at how painfully different Sehun was. She expected a warm but a little naughty kind of person in him. But she was entirely wrong. 

First, his confusing reaction at their parents' agreement.

Second, he left her in his car for hours and did not wake her up.

Third, he seemed remarkably cold towards her.

Which surprised her the most as she assumed he would be at least kind enough to get along with each other for formality.

However, what should she expect? That just proves the famous saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover." There's no definite telling who and how Sehun is really.

She should have known.

That night, Sehun didn't return. Not that Heejung was bothered by it. In fact, she felt so free.

The house was all to herself and no one would mind if she blasted her speakers with her chill playlist.

She danced, sang and felt all the songs that played as she continued fixing her things, changing the bedsheets and placing her clothes in her closet.

A satisfied sigh released from her lips as she roamed her gaze around her new place. This will be her new home now. No way would she let those displeasing events to ruin her first night on her own.

Just right then, the doorbell rang. Which meant that her order has finally arrived.

After paying up and leaving a tip to the delivery guy, she enjoyed a bucket of chicken and a whole round of pizza with the large tv displayed and her favorite movie playing—Marvel's Avengers.

Maybe she did a little binge watch on the series.

***

Pushing the door close behind, Sehun was greeted by his members having a midnight snack in the living room. He breathed a tired sigh that Suho noticed as the older came from the kitchen.

"Sehun-a, you're back?"

"No, Hyung. He's not back. That's just Sehun's ghost." Chanyeol said in sarcasm, snuggling closer to his plushie on the long sofa beside Chen and Kyungsoo.

"Ghost? What ghost? There's a ghost?!" Tao panicked, frantically looking around and using a throw pillow as his shield.

"Yeah, Tao. The ghost's right beside you." Baekhyun uttered, eyes concentrated on the tv as he pops another popcorn in his mouth.

"Oh goodness, don't make it worse, Baek."

"I don't want to hear anyone wailing in the middle of the night,"

It just so happens that Sehun sat on the empty space next to Tao and when the former faced his left, he screamed right at the youngest's face.

"What the heck, Tao?!" the 94-liner grew even more annoyed.