⤖ chapter thirty-five

With cautious movements, Sehun got out of the taxi he rode on the way to the location Hayeon told him she's at

With cautious movements, Sehun got out of the taxi he rode on the way to the location Hayeon told him she's at. His hands were in the pockets of his jacket as he strode towards the convenience store, finding her downcast figure through the glass window.

The bell chimed as he pushed the door open and he went straight to where she's sitting at. On the table was an empty strawberry milk and a sandwich finished halfway. Hayeon was wearing a formal attire—blue blazers and skirt paired with white heels.

Sehun wordlessly sat beside her, clearing his throat as he did so, glancing at her who kept her head low, under a turmoil of emotions from the events that occurred prior.

"Thank you," she grunted as she felt a struck in her head from the alcohol she drunk, causing Sehun to shoot her a look of concern.

"Are you alright?"

"To be honest, I don't think I am."

Sehun wanted to burst out his frustrations with her and with everything she did, but he kept his mouth shut, brushing his own feelings aside for her sake.

"I'm sorry. I know you're also going through a lot. I just don't know who to call right now, really."

"It's fine," he said and faced forward, watching cars and people pass by. Sehun pushed his mask up to his nose, dropping his head.

"I'm sorry if I left you confused. Especially that night—"

"Do you have a drive home?"

Hayeon stared at him, her lips quivered a grin as the lad shut down the topic before she even starts. She gulped the lump in her throat, an airy chuckle leaving her lips.

"Can you," she paused, hesitantly looking over him. "drive me home?"

"I'll hail you a cab," he instantly replied as if he was just waiting for her to ask. "Let's go."

She blinked away the tears that were pooling in her orbs, following Sehun's statue that stood and went out of the convenience store, not even attempting to wait for her. Emotions taking over the undeniable cold treatment Sehun's showing her, Hayeon ran after him. Hastily grabbing his hand that instantly made him look back.

"Sehun, I—"

"You don't have anything to say, Hayeon," he said, pitch lower than the normal. He didn't want her to say anything. He knows it will only leave his mind in disarray.

"Let's just get you home."

He tried pulling his hand back but paused when a sob emitted from her lips. Her chest rose and dropped in uneven pattern as the lump in her throat returned, an annoying feeling that intersected with the emotions she couldn't express with words. Especially with Sehun.