⤖ chapter six

It was colder in there

The walls Heejung built for herself grew taller as the wailing sounds of her mother start to fade away from the very sight of her own sister's body laid on the same bed, now lifeless.

Why did she have to leave Heejung out of all the people?

Why did it have to be Heejae?

Why did it have to be her sweet, lovely little sister who only wished to live a long happy life, despite the disease that threatened it?

Heejung's hands bawled into a fist, nails digging in her skin as she watched her sister's body be transferred to another bed and out of the hospital room.

She couldn't even cry. She felt an immense numbness. As if her soul left her.

She couldn't let her emotions take over as she thought she needed to be firm. To be strong and not falter, feeling destinctively alone.

And deep inside, way down, darkness have swallowed the pithole wholly.

For her small inkling of light has lost its power.

***

Two days have passed, and in those days, Heejung never left her room, refusing any source of comfort from her family or even Myunghui.

Sehun had been told of the news. He didn't know exactly how he felt for the difficulty Heejung was going through. However, he did feel sorry for the family.

The young idol watched as Ayeong head towards her daughter's room, knocked on the door that walled between them.

"Heejung-a, please come out, bunny.. we have to go."

Today was it. Her sister's funeral. Dang, how much Heejung just want to skip that part, knowing she won't see Heejae alive and kicking.

She dragged herself to stand up, eyes drawing to the mirror where her black dress covered her weakening body.

She was unsure if she's ready to see Heejae again.

It was too painful to bear.

Nonetheless, Heejung clasped the doorknob open as her mother was just about to knock again.

"Bunny..." Ayeong whispered upon seeing her daughter's blank expression. She stepped forward to engulf Heejung into a hug but Heejung proceeded to walking downstairs, leaving her mother—dazed, where the others were waiting. Including Sehun.

He wore a white polo as his black coat covered his toned shoulders. The young idol's eyes flickered to Heejung's figure that was coming down the stairs. When she stepped foot on the ground, Myunghui reached for her hand and gave it a light squeeze, tears threatening to fall.