⤖ chapter fifty-one

A party was to be held at EXO's dorm for Chen's birthday

A party was to be held at EXO's dorm for Chen's birthday. Few people were invited to come over, including Heejung herself. She wore a simple long purple, checkered dress, a 3 inch black heels with a purse.

The clock ticked 8 and the party started. People were dispersed in the vicinity as the members accommodated their friends, people from the company. Music blasted and food were displayed. Everyone was having a great time, especially the celebrant.

Heejung entered the party not long after. All was dressed prettily for the simple celebration. Seeing only a few familiar faces, the girl immediately walked to the nearest one she spotted which was Chanyeol. The idol was speaking with a producer when he felt a tap on his back and the producer pointed at the 19-year-old lass behind him.

He craned his neck behind and smiled at her. "Hey."

"Hey." Heejung returned the smile, slightly bowing politely at the producer Chanyeol was just talking to.

The producer patted the Chanyeol and told him he'll be off.

"I thought you wouldn't come."

"How could I miss it?" Heejung shrugged. "Have you seen Chen?"

"I think he's in the kitchen."

"Okay."

With her gift in hand, she strode to the kitchen. Thankfully, there were only a limited number of people so it was not a hassle to get pass through towards Chen who was speaking to a girl. Heejung recognized the girl and found out it was Yeeun. When the 19-year-old lass reached the pair, she handed Chen her gift and went in for a short friendly hug.

The lad's eyes twinkled at the gift, cooing at the younger. "Wow, you got me a gift. Thank you!" He patted the lower part of her back with a grateful grin on his face. "Gosh, you didn't have to, Heejung."

"Oh I can't just come here empty-handed knowing it's your birthday, you know. Happy birthday, Chen-Chenie." Heejung lightly patted his back as well before beaming warmly at Yeeun in greeting.

"How is your business going, Unnie?"

"It's been great, actually. My team's planning on doing the opening next month after everything's finalized."

"That's wonderful!" She clapped in glee. "Don't forget to invite me, okay?"

"Of course! How could I forget?" Yeeun chuckled. "I'll send you the address. You better not ditch my opening."

"Have you eaten already?" Chen inquired, attentively looking at the girl who shyly smiled.

"Not yet."

"Oh! let's get you something to eat!"

Heejung waved her hand whilst shaking her head with a small grin. "No need, Oppa. I can manage, you go entertain your visitors."