⤖ chapter fifty-six

"Heejung

"Heejung..."

Flabbergasted at the appearance of her daughter after 5 days of being out of reach, Ayeong pulled the door open wide to grant wider space for Heejung to enter. Without any hesitation, the 19-year-old stormed inside the office of her parents.

"I want a divorce." She said straight out.

She stood in front of her father who flickered his eyes up to her, frowning at what she uttered. Hyunggi looked over to his wife with the same expression to which Ayeong brushed off.

"Heejung, let's just... sit down first and talk about this calmly." Ayeong pressed her hand on the girl's back and ushered her to sit down which, thankfully, Heejung allowed her to do.

"You both are out of your minds." He scowled at the two. "We're gonna lose everything we've worked hard for because of your madness..." Hyunggi scoffed, pressing his back against the backrest of his swivel chair, making it lean down.

Disregarding the words of her husband, Ayeong sat accross Heejung who was about to counter her father, but Ayeong cut her off.

"I understand why you want this," she started. "But are you really sure about this? I may be an absent mother but I'm not blind to what I see between you and Sehun."

This made the girl unable to back herself up, finding herself shying away from the concentrated gaze of her mother. Heejung felt bared in front of her.

"I just want a divorce... this won't work anymore." She lowered her head, tightening her jaw as she balled her fist.

"It was supposed to work," Hyunggi spat, a dark tone milking his voice. "Until you ruined it." He looked at his wife to which Ayeong responded with a scoff.

"This company can function on its own." She slammed her hand on the table hard, planting authority in the room none of them saw coming.

"Had you not gambled our family and business away, we wouldn't face this risk and drag our children to the mess you made. Tell me why my son can perfectly manage the company all across the globe while you," she pointed a finger at him, "whine about your messy plan."

"At least I took the risk, Ayeong. Did anyone else in this room take that risk?" Hyunggi rose from his seat, glowering at Ayeong. "That risk you say saved our family from living by the streets, homeless!"

"No." Heejung saw her mother's eyes twitch, nose flaring as redness painted across its bridge. "The moment you took that risk, we lost our home."

A wall of ice  arose between them. Nobody dared to say a word. Hyunggi's jaw clenched as he tore his gaze from his wife, exhaling a rough huff.

Ayeong composed herself and stood sraight before facing Heejung who looked flustered of the outburst of her parents.

"Does Sehun know?"

"H-he doesn't."

"Heejung, why is this so sudden?" She winced. "What happened? Did you two fight?"

"Can't you understand that I just want to stop whatever you set us up on?" The 19-year-old lass knit her brows. "I'm tired! For sure he is, too."

Pursing her lips into a thin line, Ayeong wordlessly sat down beside her daughter and sighed.

"Alright."

An audible scoff came from the man sitting by the table and he strode out.

"Eomma... do you really think Hajun Oppa can manage the company?"

"Well he did help the branch in London to get back on track. Maybe it was late for me to realize that."

Heejung lowered her head as she slightly nodded. "Will you give him a chance?"

"The question is, will he?"

happy new year everyone!

sorry i just updated now. i did say i was gonna update in small parts. i've been busy catching up with the activities i missed when i had a surgery. soo yeah, hope i could update again soon. this book is a about to finish too anyway.

thank you for waiting! love you xx