18. The White Queen ♕

Cheshire had led Ella and Jefferson to the White Queens castle as promised and had slipped into the gates to too tell the Queen about there arrival. The couple waited outside patiently , as they waited for the large white gates to be opened. A few moments had passed before they heard the sound of heels clicking rapidly on the staircase. As they turned to look, The Queen was waving frantically at them and with a wave of her hands the guards unlocked the gates.

"Oh my sweet Alice and Hatter it has been so long!" Said the White Queen.

Ella smiled and Jefferson placed his hand on Ella's back. Cheshire soon appeared next to the queen, smiling as always.

"White Queen, I am sorry but we aren't here for tea this time." Said Jefferson.

"Oh? What's happened Jefferson you look as if you've seen a ghost! And where is your sweet daughter Grace?!" Said the Queen as she motioned them to follow her into the castle.

"She's back in another land. Called Storybrooke." said Ella as she followed alongside the queen.

"Storybrooke? What a strange name. No matter, what is it you need my darlings?" said the White Queen.

You see the White Queen was very different from the Red Queen. She was peaceful and studied potions, and magic for good uses. Unlike the Red Queen, who had a hobby of cutting off peoples heads when they did not do as she said. They were complete opposites and often argued when in the same room..but that was very rare.

"There's something in Wonderland were looking for, its called the Elixir of Life." Said Jefferson. The queen stopped in her tracks and froze.

"What is it you want with that sort of power?

"So you've heard of it!" Said Ella.

Cheshire swooped in on Ella's head again and sighed.

"It seems a man back in there land made some sort of trade with them in order to save there memories of there lives in Wonderland." Said the Cheshire Cat to the queen. Jefferson sighed and shoved Cheshire off Ella's head again.

"How frightful!" The White Queen said and she led the couple to a large white room that had large bookcases filled with papers and books. There were two large tables filled with small caldrons and different sizes bottles filled with colorful liquids.

"There was a book somewhere, oh dear where did I put it?!" Said the queen as she scavenged around the room.

As Ella chucked at the queen franticness, she glanced at Jefferson and noticed he had a frown on his face and his eyes had appeared much darker than before.

"Jefferson? My love, are you alright?" Asked Ella hesitantly.

Jefferson looked over at her and gave her a small smile that wasn't very convincing.

"I'm just a bit tired sweetie." He said as he caressed her face lovingly. Ella smiled and moved closer to place her lips on his for a sweet kiss.

"Here it is! Oh, my should I leave the room?" Said the queen noticing the couple. Ella pulled back and she swore she heard Jefferson mumble something.

"Ahem, sorry your highness... What is this book you were talking about?" Said Ella as she headed over towards the table the Queen was dusting off.

"This book has the exact location of the Elixir you're looking for." Said the White Queen as she opened the book and flipped a few pages to find a small envelope.

"Now you must remember Elixir's are tricky things. I am not sure about this person you giving it too, but if it's to save your family..." She said as she handed Ella the old envelope.

"Thank you, your highness." Said Jefferson.

"Sorry, but how exactly do we read this map? The page is blank!" Said Ella as she turned the page upside down , hoping something would appear.

"Ah yes, silly me I almost forgot! Cheshire , dear I need you for a moment." Said the queen as she motioned the lazy cat over.

"Have I not done enough?"

"Now, now , you know as much as I do, these are our good friends! You are to help them Cheshire." Cheshire rolled his eyes and floated over towards the parchment Ella was holding.

"You see Alice, it needs to be soaked with liquid, that only someone with evaporating skills can do. It's sort of a invisible ink per say." said The White Queen.

"Yes, and it's quite exhausting." said Cheshire as he opened his mouth and began to lick the parchment.

"Ew." mumbled Jefferson.

As Cheshire licked the parchment, a glowing sentence began to appear one by one.

"Find... me....at.....the...center?" said Ella as she read the words out loud as they appeared on the paper.

"Great, a riddle!" said Jefferson, his mood growing sour by the minute.

"Oh, come now Jefferson, you've always been good with riddles." said the White Queen as she flipped through one of her books.

Jefferson sighed and walked up next to Ella. He looked over her shoulder and read the sentence over.

"Wait, Cheshire you didn't slobber in this part." said Jefferson as he pointed towards the end of the parchment.

"Hm? Ah, my apologies." said Cheshire as he floated back to lick the missing piece. Soon enough, a small carving of a tree appeared at the end of the parchment.

"A tree...Find me at the center..."said Jefferson, trying to piece it together.

"The spotted tree! In the center of Wonderland! That has to be it!" said Ella.

"Seems like you picked up my skills of riddle solving, love." Smirked Jefferson as he kissed Ella on the cheek.

"Alright, Alright, get lost." Said Cheshire as he yawned and snuggled himself on the Queens lap. Ella pulled away from Jefferson and smiled brightly at the queen.

"Thank you again, your majesty."

"Yes, thank you we must be going now." Said Jefferson as he nudged Ella out the door. The white queen sighed and nudged Cheshire off her lap.

"Go follow them and make sure they get there safely. I do fear for them greatly." Said the queen.

"Why can't you send one of your guards?! I am not a dog you know."

"Cheshire." Said the queen in a demanding voice that she hardly ever used. Cheshire knew she was not in a gaming mood and sighed as he floated towards the door.

"As you wish, your majesty."

END OF CHAPTER MY BEAUTIES

Hope you enjoyed this one!🌸