12. Family ♔

After the Hatters little family reunion, they made their way back to Jeffersons mansion in excitement of their future life together. As they pulled up the drive way, Grace looked out the window and smiled brightly.

"Papa, this is amazing!" she said and he stopped the car.

"I'm glad you think so, now we can finally be a family." said Jefferson as he took Ella's hand and kissed it. They all stepped out of the car and Grace ran excitedly towards the front door. She motioned them to come quickly and her parents smiled at her excitement.

As they walked to follow her inside Ella suddenly stopped in her tracks.

"What is it?" asked Jefferson.

"We haven't told the neighbors we picked her up from school! I haven't even told Emma that we are living toget- wait...are we?"

Jefferson smiled and leaned in towards her.

"Of course, how can I have my wife living somewhere else? Don't worry about the neighbors I contacted before hand. There going to move Grace's things to our place tomorrow." he said as he quickly pecked her on the lips and made his way over to Grace. Ella soon followed behind and they all entered the mansion together for the first time.

"Papa, Mama this is huge! It's so much bigger then the cottage in Wonderland!" said Grace as she wandered around the mansion.

Jefferson smiled, ran behind Grace and lifted her up in his arms causing Grace to giggle.

"Ha, ha! Put me down Papa!" she giggled as he tickled her sides.

"How about we go see your new room, hm?" he said and Grace nodded happily.

"We'll be upstairs honey!" he said to Ella, as he took Grace upstairs.

Ella smiled and nodded her head as she watched the two make their way to Grace's new room. She was happy to have her memories and her family back, but she couldn't help feeling as if she was forgetting something. Even though she remembered having Grace, she felt as though she forgot what it was like to be a mother. Just yesterday she was in her room reading magazines like a teenage girl! How was she supposed to transition into to motherhood after half a day of getting her daughter back after twenty eight years?

Grace came running downstairs with Jefferson close behind and made her way over to Ella.

"Oh Mama, you have to see the room! It's amazing! I have the most stuffed animals I've ever seen in my life!" said Grace pulling Ella out of her thoughts.

"O-oh, yes thats wonderful dear." said Ella as she patted Grace's head awkwardly.

Grace's smile fell and she looked up at her mother curiously.

"What is it Mama? Aren't you happy?" she asked. Jefferson noticed the hesitance in Ella's eyes and stepped towards them.

 Jefferson noticed the hesitance in Ella's eyes and stepped towards them