10. A Mad World ✄

(Flashback Continues)

Jefferson watched Alice and Grace leave to the neighbors home from their small kitchen window. Once he was sure he couldn't be seen, he opened a large wooden chest that was hidden in the trapdoor underneath one of the carpets. He pulled out a large hat box and opened it carefully. It revealed a black top hat with a deep purple ribbon wrapped around it. Jefferson sighed deeply and scratched his head.

"What am I doing?" he said to himself. But Regina words repeated in his head, reminding him what they could have if he did this for her. He packed the hat back the box, grabbed his coat and headed out the door to the Queens castle.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Regina sat in her enormous black crystal chair and tapped her red painted finger nails on the arm rest. If he only knew..

"Regina could you tell your guards to let me go?!" said Jefferson pulling Regina from her thoughts.

"Ah Jefferson looks like you accepted my offer. Wise choice." She said as she waved to let the guards release him. Jefferson brushed off his jacket and stepped towards Regina.

"Yes, yes now can we get on with this? I want your guarantee , that my family will no longer have to suffer from poverty. They deserve more then what I can give them." Regina got up from her throne and smirked at Jefferson.

"You have my word." she said as she slightly curtsied.

"Now open up that box of yours, and lets see what that hat can do!" she said as she watched him unbuckle his hat box.

"You may want to step back." he said as he spun the hat on the floor causing purple smoke to come from it and making it spin faster. Soon the hat was the size of a large table and the portal was ready.

"After you!" he said as he watched the hat spin. Regina took his and and smiled.

"Together!" she yelled over the noise of the portal.

They both jumped in the portal and soon enough they were in Malificents castle. As soon as they landed, an eerie sensation washed over Jefferson. The castle was dark and gloomy and there were spiderwebs hanging on every corner.

"You's think she'd clean up the place a bit.." said Regina as she wiped her gloved finger on one of the dusty cabinets.

"Alright, whatever it is you need hurry up and get it. I wish to return to my wife and child." Said Jefferson, who was already ready to go.

"I plan to." Said Regina as she made her way into Malificents secret chamber.

Jefferson followed close behind and waited outside the chamber door as Regina searched around the room. She found a small lever that was hidden underneath a throne chair and pulled it. When she did, one of the walls opened revealing different silver boxes with different names written on it. Regina searched her box and her eyes landed on her name. She quickly pulled it out and hurried back to Jefferson.

"That's what you came here for?! A box?!" Said Jefferson, still annoyed he was here.

"Oh my dear Jefferson, this is much more than a box." She said as she brushed past him and towards the hat.

She placed the box on the floor and took out a small pouch from her coat pocket and pulled out a small mushroom.

"What the hell are you doing? Is that from Wonderland?"asked Jefferson.

Regina ignored him and broke off a piece of the mushroom and sprinkled it inside of the box. Suddenly a old man grew from the box and Regina hugged him tightly.