The check up

Rain's P.O.V.

"I'm feeling good, except for the stitches, that is," I replied. But in reality, I was aching all over. My head hurt like I banged my it against a wall for hours, my chest was like I got the wind knocked out of me, and my side hurt with every little movement.

She scribbled down some things down on a notepad, before looking up and asking another question,"Do you remember anything from the fight, before you passed out?"

I racked my brain, and all the memories from that day played in my mind,"Um, yeah. I remember it all, from leaving Ash," I paused as he growled lowly, but continued after a quick moment,"To protecting Ava, and being thrown into a tree."

Now Ash's eyes were his wolf's eyes and he was growling ferociously, and he was practically squeezing the life out if my hand.

He seemed to notice, and he loosened the grip he had on my hand, but that didn't stop his growls and snarls.

Trying to get him to calm down, I held our intwined hands in my free one, and his eye color became a shade lighter.

So I see he's relaxing under my touch, I could use that to my advantage.

I leaned over to him and kissed his cheek. He let go of my hand, and he pulled me against him.

For a moment we just looked into each other's eyes, but then my legs were swung off the bed, so that they were hanging off the edge, and Ash was standing in-between them. I looked up at him, and saw he was looking down at me. He leaned down, and pecked my lips, before he kissed around my mark, but never touched it directly, which only kept me begging for more. I held in a moan, as he moved my hospital gown a little, and exposed my shoulder and placed his lips there.

I was getting a little worried now, with the doctor in the room and all.

I looked over to my right and to my amazement and embarrassment, she was watching with fascination. I felt my cheeks heat up, and noticed that his head was in the crook of my neck, and he was inhaling my scent.

He pulled away, and I readjusted myself on the bed. A few seconds passed that seemed like an hour, that we just looked at the doctor, and the doctor looked back at us. 

She smiled,"Are you tired, dear?"

"Actually no, I think that days sleep has me well rested."

"You've been out for a week."

Holy sh*t! I've been out that long? Ash must have been worried sick!

"Wow," Was all I could say. The doctor watched my reaction, and wrote down on her stupid notepad. Okay, that was seriously getting annoying. I mean really, do you have to just write down everything I do? Come on, why can't you just tell me what you think, like a normal person?

Ash gave me a heartwarming smile before they left the room.

Ash's P.O.V.

We went out into the hallway and I closed the door behind me. Jennette quickly looked down at her notepad before talking.

"Because not all of the Wolf's Bane is out yet and she's still healing slower than normal I would recommend bed rest, and she should be doing very little to none vigorous activity, but she can handle walking and a slow jog, just not jumping and such. Otherwise she is free to leave the hospital wing."

"Once again, thanks."

"Anytime alpha."

She left me standing there and I opened the door to Rain's room.

"Looks like you can leave the hospital wing."

Rain's P.O.V.

"Okay, but can you carry me?

In response he lifted me up off the bed.

"Make sure you cover my butt, this hospital gown doesn't cover everything," I told him as we began to leave the room. He squeezed my bottom, making me squeal, before he shifted the dress around so it covered my entire body.

He carried me down the halls, and I got various glances and smiles from people in the pack. People were even moving out of our way as he we continued around the house.

"So how come you never took me to the hospital wing and gym on our 'grand tour'?" I asked him as we made our way into the kitchen.

"First of all, I never planned for you being in the hospital wing, and as for the gym, you don't need to work out, you're already slim and toned... Plus, I don't think I could have handled seeing sweat over that s*xy body of yours."

"Oh really?"

"You hungry?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Starving," I replied.

"What do you want?" He asked, as he put me down on a stool. He went over to the large pantry,"Anything you want, you can have."

"Hmm... I'm in the mood forrrr..." I said dragging it out. I took a deep breath,"Forrrrr... Grilled cheese! And tomato soup!"

"Grilled cheese it is."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He put a small plate, and a bowl in front of me, then he took a seat next to me. I dunked my grilled cheese in my soup, and took a bite.

I felt Ash's eyes on me. I looked over, and he just shook his head,"What are you doing?"

"Eating duh," I said before repeating the process and taking a bite.

He cleared his throat loudly,"Are you forgetting something?"

"Thanks Alpha Ash," I said with slight sarcasm.

"Please, just call me Ash," He said with a horrible British accent.

(A/N: No I am not a racsist, it's just how some people in America are... I bet you people in England say bad things about Americans, so don't even get me started on it. We all aren't that bad.)

I laughed,"I've missed you," He told me as he gave me a one armed side hug.

I pulled away,"You sound like I've been gone for a year."

"It feels like one."

"Oh really? I thought the big strong alpha could handle it."

"No matter how cheesy it sounds," He began, as he held up his half eaten grilled cheese,"I couldn't live without you."

"Oh I get it! Cheesy --grilled cheese-- get it?"

"I wasn't joking you know," He whispered in my ear. I shivered when his warm breath hit my skin.

He planted light kisses down my neck, then sucked on my mark.

"Don't tease me," I moaned.

His lips left my neck,"Who said I was teasing?" He whispered huskily as he ran his nose up the side of mine. He pecked my lips, and when he pulled away, he bit my lip lightly; tugging gently. I let out a groan, before he let out a seductive growl. Yum!