• Chapter 14 •

I was getting ready to go out with Luke tonight when I remembered I had promised him to wear a dress. I regret that now...

Even if I really knew that getting together with him wouldn't end up good, I couldn't help myself. Not being with him was hell, and being with him made it worse and worse to keep him as just a friend. So I decided not going for hell and giving this all I try.

I looked through my few dresses and just couldn't find anything that I wanted to wear. This sucks.

I ended up going for a simple white strapless dress. I only have one non strapless dress and that's only for family moments where I really can't piss off my parents. That's the main reason they're all strapless, pissing my parents off.

I put on some make up and as I was about to braid my hair I heard a knock on my door. I looked at my phone and saw he was 20min early.

I opened the door and smiled wide at Luke. He was wearing a dark red button up shirt and black skinny jeans. He looked so good.

"Happy birthday" he smiled looking down at me

"You're early" I replied turning my back at him and walking away

"Hello to you to" he chuckled and followed me inside

"It's very nice to see you today and you look great" I turned around again to give him a smile and going back to the bathroom. I braided my hair and went over to my room to take a pair of converse. When I was about to take them I noticed my (almost unused) pair of high heels. Without thinking I took them instead of my convers. They were just plain black ones but they were heels, that's a big change for me. It would be so painfull but it's just for one night.

I came out of my room again and found Luke in the kitchen drinking a glass of water.

When I came in his view he started looking me up and down.

"Like the view?" I said with a small grin on my face.

"Absolutly." He came up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist "I'm so used to seeing you in skinny jeans and I must admit that seeing you in a dress is just amazing." He placed a soft kiss on my forehead before looking at me again "you are such a beautiful girl. I can't believe you're still single."

"Most guys don't want to accept the fact that I'm different, not girly I guess." I shrugged my shoulders a little

"I don't get that, I think it's absolutly fantastic that you're not girly. Not that I would've minded if you were." He smiled and pulled me to his chest for a hug.

"I finally don't feel a dwarf beside you." I laughed a little as I hugged him back "maybe I should wear them more often"

"I think that's a good idea" He pulled away from the hug and looked at me "We should go, I made a reservation so I don't want to be too late."

"Sounds fancy" I smiled and took my purse before following him outside to the car.

"I was planning on cooking for you, but I am horrible at that and all the guys are home." He laughed a little and opened the car door for me, closing it when I got in like a real gentlemen

"I wouldn't mind if you did, it's the effort that counts"

~~

We had dinner at this amazing restaurant and were only interrupted by one fan, we did get a couple of stares from other people and I did see some phones pointed at him but if we want to make this work one day, I'll have to accept that.

We were now setting on a bench in the parc close to the restaurant. Just enjoying the view and eachothers company in silence.

"Why is it that you don't like relationships?" Luke asked out of the blue.

"I had relationship that lasted a year when I was 17. On my 18th birthday I had found out he had been cheating on me for 10months. Everyone knew but nobody told me. It turned out he had been cheating on me because I didn't want to have sex. At that time I still wore dresses all the time and I liked it. But he somehow changed me after I found out. I got rid of the dresses and stopped risking getting hurt. I am not someone that will jump into bed with a guy after dating for a week. And many guys seem to expect that. That's what I meant with I'm different. I've been the bet of many games that guys played. Seeing who could sleep with me first. I guess that's what you get when you close yourself off. It might seem stupid but that one guy is the one who caused all of this. My parents still want us to go back together, he's a law student. That's why they keep inviting him and his family over when they throw a party." I sighed and looked down at my hands

"Was he there yesterday?"

"Yes, with his girlfriend. Or even better the girl he was sleeping with when we were together. You seemed to get along with him pretty well."

"Is he the reason I had to hold you back when you wanted to start a fight?"

"He was. And he was also the reason I told you we could give this a try yesterday. I don't want to keep pushing guys that actually did care away because of what he did 2 years ago." I sighed and looked up at him, meeting his eyes.

"I would never ever do something like that to you. But I'm glad you have told me this."

"You're the first guy that has seen me in a dress outside of family dinners for the past 2 years. And it has been a year I think since I last wore these heels. You're getting that little part of me out again and I think that is a great sign."

"I am very glad that I've seen you in a dress now. I like this side of you just as much as the one I've seen for the past month."

----------------------------------------------

A/N: omg guys this story just hit 500 reads (over all chapters but still) yesterday morning it literally had 10 reads (thanks to my sister) and I can't believe how fast it got so many reads!

Thank you for all the comments, reads and votes!!

I will try my best to update almost daily :)

I also added my favorite Luke picture that I took at the concert. What do you guys think of it?