• Chapter 5 •

ALEX' POV

My alarm went off at 5am to get ready to go to work. This was the part that really sucked. I only got home at 11pm yesterday and today was an extra early morning as today was the concert day. These days sucked the most but were also the most fantastic.

I went to my little kitchen and took a bowl of cereal as I was too lazy to make a decent breakfast.

After I was done with breakfast I took a quick shower and changed into dark skinny jeans and my tank top from the arena. They were nice enough to make tank tops aswell for the hot days as we had to put on long pants with all weather.

When I was done I looked at my phone to see I was early, I still had 25min before my work day would start and it's only a 10min drive.

When I arrived at the arena I went to the staff room to see a few other early birds had arrived yet.

"Hey Alex!" I heard from the other side of the room. I turned around to be faced with Jane, Jane has been my best friend ever since I came working here. She's a few years older then me but we get along well.

"Hey Jane, ready for today?" I said excited. Even if I still wasn't a big fan of the band I was excited to meet Luke.

We were just chatting a bit while having our morning coffee when the big boss came in. We all got quiet when he got inside. He's a very respected man here.

"We need to get all the last details ready by 12pm, then we'll have lunch and the part of you that is working tonight will be having lunch with me and the artists. This way we can make sure that everything will go how they want it to be tonight. So get working now." He said and everyone stood up to get to work.

Jane and I had to get the back stage ready. So that means making sure the food arrived well, make everything comfortable, make sure their equipment goes to the correct places etc. It's a fun thing to do.

11:45am

As Jane and I were moving away the last few things I walked out of the dressing room with a lot of boxes in my arms, barely seeing where I was going.

I walked backwards into the door to open in and right when I wanted to turn around I walked into someone and dropped everything I was holding. Thank god it were only empty boxes.

I got down without looking at who it was to clear up my mess when I saw 6 pairs of feet standing before me. It wasn't just one person I walked into.

I was making a pile with the boxes again when someone got down in front of me to help me.

"You don't have to help me, it's my own fault -" I stopped right in the middle of my sentence when I saw who was helping me. 5SOSLuke. "Anyways." I finished my sentence before it would get awkward. I took the last boxes and got up again, I thanked him before walking away.

When I dropped off the boxes I got to the lunch room as that was the last thing I had to do.

I walked into the room seeing the 4 familiar faces with what looked like 2 bodyguards and Steve, our big boss. Yup I'm early.

When Steve looked up and saw me he smiled. "Guys this is Alex, she is our photographer and will be the one interviewing you after the concert." He gestured me to come over to them and and sit down next to me. "She's our best photographer, and the youngest one. Her work is pretty impressive." He complimented me and I smiled at him.

"Thank you Steve! I still have a lot to learn but I try my best to learn new things every day" I smiled at the boys and got a smile back from all of them.

"It's very nice to meet you Alex, we've seen your work on the website, and I agree with Steve. It's fantastic." Ashton said.

Steve started talking to the boys again and I felt my phone go off. I looked at the contact and saw I had 3 missed calls from my sister. Oh shit.

"I have to take thisone, family urgency. I'll be right back." I said to Steve and walked away, out of the room.

"Hey Megan, everything alright?" I asked when I closed the door behind me. More and more people of the staff are coming up to the doors now.

"Okay so I need you to check out Luke's twitter right now and don't hang up."

I did as I was told and opened the twitter app. When I opened his profile I saw his most recent tweet.

Luke5SOS: Luke the traveller just arrived. See you tonight Sydney! xx

This is the 3rd time he uses that nickname.

"Megan?" I said to make sure she was still on the other end.

"Yes, have you seen it?" I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"Yea.." I said. I was quiet for a while and when she didn't say anything anymore I talked again "I have to go now or I'm going to be late. Text me when you get here."

I locked my phone again and went back inside, pretty sure that everyone was already there.

When I opened the door I saw every spot already taken. Except for the one next to Luke, and ofcourse Jane was sitting at the other side. Probably holding that seat free for me. She's evil.

I went over to her and sat down.

"Alex, just who I needed" she started looking at me with a smile "Here's the list with what you need to say during soundcheck. I know you probably forgot to print it so I printed it for you."

"Thank you." I smiled at her and put the paper neatly folded into my pocket.

I took out my phone to send a text to Luke. This was not a good idea...

Me: hey Luke, already know what you're wearing tonight? I think you'll recognise me by the ugly shirt from the arena my way too big camera. I'm the only one walking around with a camera backstage.

I pressed send and waited for an answer. When I wasn't getting a text back I put my phone away again and went on with my lunch.

I was so scared to meet him tonight.