• Chapter 11 •

The whole car ride was basically us singing a long like crazy people to the songs on the radio. With us singing I mean, the boys are singing pretty good. I on the other hand sound like a dying cat, no joke.

At the end we had decided that Luke and I would go on the same team, with Ashton aswell. So Calum, Michael and the other guy would be against us. Luke had been a real gentleman and insisted on paying for me. Even if this was not a date.

I put on my sweater before putting all the protection on. Getting questioning looks from the others

"I don't know if you guys ever did this before, but playing paintball with a tank top is the most painfull thing in the world." I warned the 5 guys who were all wearing tank tops. It was a hot day and it was going to be very hot with this sweater, but atleast I will still feel my arms after the game.

Ashton, Luke and I were on the blue team, the others decided to go for red. Ashton thought it was just supposed to be that we were blue thanks to my hair.

We were sended to go find a team spot I automatically ran to the best spot, gesturing Luke and Ashton to follow me.

When we reached the spot I put down the flag and looked at the boys

"Okay, I will go to the left, try my best to get the flag. I'm the smallest so it's the easiest to hide. Someone needs to defend the flag aswell."

"Alex are you sure?" Luke asked a bit unsure

"Yes Luke, if I got hit, I promise I won't cry." I said joking a bit. Luke and Ashton discussed who would be staying and at the end Luke lost, having to stay here.

When we heard the start signal I immediatly left, trying my best to spot the red team as soon as possible.

When I had found where 2 of them were sitting I saw the last one trying to sneak on Ashton to shoot him. I turned around to point my gun at him and shot. Hitting him right in the back. I hid behind a broken car to make sure the other 2 didn't see where the shot was coming from. When I saw a second team member leave I was just too late. They had shot Ashton and I reacted by giving one shot again. When I missed him he turned around to try and find me. I took another shot and hit him on his upper arm. That is going to hurt like hell.

It was now me and Luke against the last person. Who I could see perfect from here. As it wouldn't be fun to just kill them all I decided to go steal the flag and let the last one live as long as possible. The last ran out of their camp and while he moved towards ours carefully hiding behind everything he could I moved to his camp. Making sure I wouldn't make any sounds. I reached his when he was in the middle of the field. Now I had to get the flag back..

I went back the same way I got there and now realised it was Michael left as I saw coloured hair and Michael and I are the only ones with crazy colours.

Michael was hiding behind something as I heard a lot of shots being fired. Luke.

When the shots stopped I looked up to see Michael pointing his gun to exactly where Luke was sitting. I pointed my gun at Michael and trying my best to pull the trigger before Michael pulled his.

I fired my shot and heard a female scream just seconds after. When I looked up to see what I hit, I saw it was his lower arm. That hurts a lot.

I ran back to camp and high fived Luke when I showed him the flag. I took ours aswell and we walked back to the base with Michael.

"Luke, when did you learn to shoot that way?" Calum asked. The shot in the back, only one paintball needed.

"I was in camp." Luke admitted pulling his mask off when he was in the safe zone.

I followed behind him and did the same. Finally being able to breath properly.

"Wait what. Ashton was at the other side when Tom shot him so Alex?" He looked at me in disbelieve

"Hey good job Alex! A bit disappointed that you needed 2 shots to hit number 2" The man from the place told me when he joined us to explain the next game.

"How does he knows your name?" Luke asked now

"Well, I come here atleast once a month to train with the team here. It's just a fun thing to do." I admitted

"Alex is one of our best players. And the only female in her team." The man said.

"Okay, if you are so good Alex. Everyone against Alex? No flag, Alex can get hit twice before being dead." Luke started looking at me with a smirk "deal?"

"Deal. Just don't go cry when you are out." I laughed a little and put my mask back on. The guys still had to reload their guns "See you in a bit." I waved at them and took off to go find my spot.

The game took us a while and at the end Calum was able to shot me once when I shot Luke at the same time. But before anyone could shoot me a second time I went out to hunt all of them down. At the end I did win. And they did not look happy about it.

I came back to the safe base after shooting Tom as last. He decided to go for the hide and be quiet.

I high fived the owner and looked at all the guys who were a bit sad they couldn't win from a girl.

"C'mon guys, you told me you wouldn't cry." I laughed looking around giving a thumbs up to Calum "that was a pretty good shot Cal, didn't see it coming at all."

"Let's go eat something" Ashton suggested pointing over at the small bar the other girls were sitting.

We all got changed out of the safety stuff and went over to the girls.

"Oh they're back!" One of the girls said when we got closer. She sounded horrible.

"So who won?" Another one asked looking over at Calum, giving him a hug when he sat down next to her.

"Alex's team won the first game and Alex won the second. So Alex is our queen today." Michael said pointing over at me

"Wait, she won?" Girl number 3 said in disbelieve. everyone of us nodded in reply. "I get it, I wouldn't like it if you would've tried your best if it was against me. I know you all just let her win." She said not even caring if I heard it.

"Well she is pretty good, we tried our best but just couldn't win" Tom said wrapping his arm around girl3. I'm going to number them. Because I really have no clue what their names are and nobody is telling me.

I looked over at Luke and already saw the bruising coming on his arm. It was a pretty close shot. Oops.

"I'm sorry" I wishpered when he looked back at me

"Well, now I won't be able to forget you the next couple of weeks." He chuckled a little before giving me a big smile, making me smile at him in return.

"You're never going to get rid of me." I gave him a big smile which he returned

"I'm happy about that." He said before turning his attention back to the group.

"So Alex, any other hidden talents that we have to know about before we start a game again with you?" Ashton asked

"Well, if I do, you'll find out when we play." I gave him a small grin.

"We will be right back." I heard girl 2 say to Calum. The 3 girls stood up and made their way inside.

"You're a smart girl Alex. I will now never go paint ball without a sweater again." Tom said rubbing his arm, the bruising starting to be visible already.

"I agree with him. Never again in a tank top. Atleast not when it's against you, you can decide the direction of the shot too good." Luke said looking at me

"Sorry guys, I did try to avoid arms but the guns aren't always precise."

"You really do need to teach me how you do that soon" Luke wishpered

I looked up at Luke and gave him a small smile "I will."