• Chapter 12 •

It has been 2 weeks since our paintball trip and Luke and I have been hanging out every day for atleast a couple of hours.

Today he would be coming over to my place and we would watch movies.

I was walking around in my sweatpants and a very loose tank top when I heard a knock on the door. As we were just going to hang out here I didn't even care about putting on something decent. This was comfortable and that was the most important.

I opened the door giving Luke a big smile when my eyes landed on his.

"Hi Lucas." A small grin was now placed on my lips

"Hi Alexandra." He grinned back at me before walking in "I don't get it, you're wearing sweatpants, a way too big tank top, your hair is a mess but you still look so hot and beautiful."

"Thank you Lucas. I think it's my face, my face makes everything prettier." I said laughing a little "but you don't look that bad yourself"

"Yea I agree, it is your face" Luke said pulling me closer. He gave me a big hug before giving me a kiss on my forehead. That was the thing he always did. And I absolutly loved it.

~~

We were eating pizza while watching a movie when I noticed him being on his phone. A minute later I felt my phone buzz.

I took out my phone to see it was Megan

Megan: You're all over twitter.

I opened the twitter app to try and find out what she was talking about. My notifications weren't loading immediatly but I saw Luke's tweet as first on my feed.

Luke5SOS: guys please don't hate on her, we're friends nothing more. I'm a single pringle and will stay like that for a while.

"Luke what's going on on twitter." I said in a serious tone looking up at him.

"You want to know the truth?" I nodded in reply making him go on "people have been stalking me the past 2 weeks, starting at the paintball, they have seen us everywhere together and now everyone thinks we're dating. A lot of people are happy about it and completly ship us, but a lot more people are now hating on you. So just don't go to your notifications or too much on twitter tonight." He said looking over at me with a serious look on his face

I looked away from him again. Knowing that this was one of the biggest risks of being his friend.

"This is one of the reasons you don't want us the become more, right?" He asked sounding a bit sad when I didn't talk for a while.

"One of the many..." I sighed still looking away from him. Not ready to face him.

"Can you tell me every single one. That will make it easier for me to keep us as friends. Because the last thing I want is you getting hurt." He said. I did believe him on thisone.

"Well, for starter there are the fans. They wouldn't want me anywhere near you and I don't want to have to deal with this kind of situations all the time. Then there's also the fact you'll be away in a while, making a big distance between us. And I suck at relationships, they never last longer then 2 months and I don't want to loose you as a friend." I let out a deep breath I didn't knew I was holding. It felt so good to finally get this out. "There are more, but these reasons are the ones I tell myself when I need to remind myself we can't become something more."

Oh fuck.

Did I just admit that I wanted something more at times?

I think I did.

"Have you ever thought about us, together?"

"I have, and I like the thought. But we have to keep it a thought, not the reality." I now looked up at him and found him already looking down at me. His bright blue eyes looking directly into mine.

Before I knew it, he crashed his lips against mine, placing both his hands on the sides of my face. Without thinking I kissed him back, wrapping my arms loose around his neck.

It was such a sweet but powerfull kiss and when he pulled away just a bit, our lips still way too close, I wanted to pull him back.

"Please tell me you felt something aswell." He wishpered, his lips almost touching mine as he spoke.

"Luke.." I started, not sure how to finish if. I pulled away a bit so I could look at him. "I feel something yes, but we can't do this. We just can't, even if we both want it. We will both be left heartbroken if we go on with this. We need to make this clear, we can't become anything more than friends.."

"Right.." he now looked down, avoiding my eyes "I need to go home. It's getting late." He said before standing up and walking to the door

"Please Luke, talk to me." I begged when he opened the door.

"I'll text you when I get home." He said coldly before heading out. Leaving me speachless at my door.

I locked the door when I went back inside and just went straight to my bed. Ready for another sleepless night, but first I had to wait for his text.

---------------------
Luke's POV
---------------------

I walked out of her appartment and made my way to my car. When I reached my car I unlocked it and sat down. I slammed both my hands against the wheel by the thought of what had just happened.

This girl is driving me insane and I can't do anything about it.

I was now screaming at myself in the car. Not sure why but I knew she was the reason for it.

I freaking like her and I know it's a mutual thing. She just doesn't wants to date me. She doesn't wants to be with me and I don't think I could change her mind because I know what she said was the truth. We can't make us become a thing.

I had been sitting in my car not moving for 15 minutes now, just thinking about us, when my phone had started buzzing.

Alex : please tell me you're home safe
Alex : Luke answer me
Alex : LUKEY
Alex : LUCAS
Alex : Look, I'm so sorry about what I said. I know you want more but I can't... I'm sorry

I read her last text and just stared at it for a while when my phone buzzed a last time

Alexandra Joy: Luke, please answer me when you get home.

I knew that the best thing to do for the both of us was not answering. I had to get rid of my feelings.