This Was Meant To Be

En başından başla

"I'm sorry."

"Oh you should be, you could've died Carly."

"I know but that's not all I'm sorry for." I said softly. "I'm sorry for snapping at you the other morning, It was wrong of me and I was way out of line."

Nicole faintly grinned and put her hand over mine. "That's long forgotten about, there's no need for any apologies."

"There is, it was wrong of me to yell at you when you were just looking out for me."

"It's in the past Carly, I'm just glad you're awake and alright." Nicole smiled and gave my hand a squeeze.

Nicole was about to say something but was cut off when the door opened again. Liam stepped in and looked at me for some time before he looked at Nicole, "Oh I didn't realize you already had a visitor, the nurse said visitors were allowed...I'll just go until you two are done."

"Yes and the nurse said only two visitors are allowed at a time, you can stay Liam." Nicole said.

"Right." Liam sheepishly grinned and made his way towards me. I noticed how sleep depraved and worried Liam looked.

"You look awful." I teased but before he could respond he wrapped his arms around me.

"Do you enjoy worrying all those that care about you Carly?" he asked. "Because it damn well seems so."

"Ah." I flinched when Liam hugged me too tightly that it hurt my wounded arm.

"Liam, let go, you're hurting her." Nicole scolded.

Liam immediately pulled away. "Sorry." He muttered.

I genuinely smiled at him. "It's alright, God forbid but if situations were reversed I would've probably done the same."

"What were you thinking jumping in front of Mason?" Liam seriously asked. "Hold that, you clearly weren't thinking at all."

Liam was wrong, I did think and only one thing was on my mind and that was I couldn't just stand there and let Mason get shot, I just couldn't. But I wasn't going to tell anyone that, I couldn't tell anyone that.

"How is he?" I asked very softly. "Mason? Is he hurt?"

Nicole looked at me peculiarly; there was an emotion that looked like pity and sadness in her eyes. Looking at Nicole made me panic, did Mason get hurt? Was he alright? Where was he?

"What?" I asked. "Is something wrong?"

"Relax." Liam sighed. "He's physically fine, thanks to you there's not even a scratch on him."

"You make that sound so bitter." I said accusingly to Liam.

"I do?" he retorted sarcastically. "Well forgive me if I do, it's just my sister took a bullet that was meant for him and is lying in the hospital while he's perfectly fit."

"Liam." Nicole said under her breath.

"Wouldn't you do the same for Nicole?" I snapped.

"Yes!" Liam exclaimed. "Because she's my wife and I love her, I'd take a bullet for anyone I love without a second thought. Who the hell is Mason? Your best friend?"

"Yes." I whispered.

"Not a good enough reason Carls." Liam said this time calmer.

Feelings were surfacing again just by talking about Mason, feelings that I wasn't allowed to have especially since Damien was the one I was meant to be with. This was all so wrong, Liam was wrong to be bringing all of this up, I wasn't strong enough to deal with any of this.