Chapter 21

Emma's POV

I was let out of the hospital and Killian was taking care of me though he had been alittle off.

"Killian are you alright?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He lies.

"Killian. Look at me whats the matter?" I ask.

"Your mother and I had a talk before you were let out. She wanted me to leave you." He says.

"She what?" I question.

"She said I should leave you and our child and I cant do that. I wouldnt do that. I told her I wouldnt." He says.

"Killian its all going to be just fine trust me. My mother will go away soon." I say.

"Okay. You need anything love?" He asks.

"Yeah I need you to come here and lay down with me." I say.

"As you wish. Love." He says and lays down next to me.

As I laid my head on his shoulder I remembered 10 years ago when I was 18 almost 19 years old.

(10 years ago)

"Emma! Your not going anywhere!" My mother yells at me.

"Yes I am! I going to New York and you cant stop me!" I yell back.

"Emma Swan I forbid you!" She yells.

"I dont care. I want to go. You cant choose anything for me anymore. I dont want this life. Those boys are self centered asshole who will not love me and they will cheat. Im not going through that pain." I say.

"Emma who cares. You marry a wealthy man. You never do wrong. You let him cheat. You have his child. Then when the time comes you divorce him. You take over half because you get the child. Who needs love when there is money." She says to me.

"I want love. I want a man who will gladly choose me over his own life. Someone who will love me and not care about money or younger women. Someone who wants me and only me. I want to be someones world." I say to her.

"That doesnt happen in this world Emma. Thats not real." She says.

"You never tried. Now goodbye mother." I say and walked out and I will never go back.

(Present Time)

"Love you awake?" Killian asks.

"Yeah I am." I say.

"I just want you to know nothing is taking me away." He says.

"I know. Hey Killian?" I question.

"Yes love?" He asks.

"Would you ever trade me in for someone else or even for money?" I ask.

"I rather have nothing then lose you and I would never trade you in for another. Im sure your as prefect as they can get." He says.

"Killian I love you." I say.

"I love you too. Now get some sleep." He says and kisses my head.

I snuggled up to him and rested my head on him. My mother was wrong love is real and it does exist when you find the right person.