Chapter 18 (ignore typos)

"Babe let's go!" I yelled as I walked into Laurens house.

"Babe?" I asked my when she didn't respond.

"Why are you still in bed?" I asked sitting next to my girlfriend who looks like shit but also looks beautiful.

"Lauren? Hey wake up." She turned to me.

"My head hurts." She didn't open her eyes to look at me.

"Hey look at me. What can I do?" Lauren tried opening her eyes.

"It hurts. Camila is really hurts." She was crying now.

"It feels like knives going into my brain."

"Okay here, take a sip of water." I helped her sit up and handed her the water only to drop it.

"Lauren what the hell?" I asked getting a towel.

"Too heavy." She said before closing her eyes again.

Okay this isn't normal I said to myself.

I picked up my phone and frantically called 911.

911 what's your emergency?

Hi I just got to my girlfriends house and she's very vague with responses and is complaining of a killer headache and is experiencing weakness.

Alright. An ambulance is on its way

Okay thank you.

"Laur, an ambulance is on its way."

I sat with her waiting until they arrived. Once they go there they rushed her into the ambulance and I followed calling her parents letting them know what's happening.

"You're going to have to stay in the waiting room, we'll come get you once we know something."

I don't remember how long I sat there waiting. Long enough to chew off all my Acrylics I do know that.

"Mila!" I heard Taylor yell.

"Hey." I said giving her and her family a hug.

"Any news?" Mike asked.

"No not yet." I said looking down.

"Honey I just wanted to say thank you for being there for Lauren and calling the ambulance." Clara said pulling me into another hug.

"Always." I said with a smile.

We all say down and talked for probably another hour until the doctor entered the room.

"Are you the Jauregui's?" The doctor asked.

"Yes sir." Chris said.

"Well I'm doctor Denis and I've been taking care of your daughter. We took a brain CT to really get a look on what's causing the symptoms she is experiencing. From what we can see there is major bleeding in her Brain causing a stroke. This bleeding is due to multiple blood vessels bursting due to stress and the pressure of a Brain tumor."

I'm pretty sure everyone heart just completely sunk to the floor.

"What?" I asked not being able to process this information.

"A Subarachnoid Hemorrhage is what caused the stroke. The tumor is creating pressure against her skull resulting in stressing the brain along with singing and working out Lauren has stressed the blood vessels to their max causing them to burst and pool out blood." Denis said now sitting down as he realized this would be a long conversation.

"So what is going to happen?" Clara asked.

"Well... We need to operate as soon as possible but we can't do that until the swelling in the brain goes down. The tumor itself causing a lot of swelling but the bursts blood vessels have made it almost impossible to operate safely."

I can't believe this.

"We are going to need to keep a close eye on her for tonight to make sure nothing happens or another stroke occurs. I'd stick around if I were you." He got up and politely left the room leaving us to process.

I can't believe Lauren just had a stroke and has a brain tumor. She never really complained about anything aside from the occasional head aches.

"Do you guys mind if I go see her?" I asked standing up.

"Of course not honey go ahead."

I walked to the room Lauren was staying in but I stood outside the door preparing myself for what I was about to see. I know I could see worse if this was a different situation but nobody wants to walk into a room and see their girlfriend in a coma due a stroke and brain tumor.

I opened the door and tears instantly started flowing.

I don't know what it is about hospital beds but they make everyone looks so small and fragile, like they bed is going to eat them.

I grabbed the chair that was by the window and brought it near her bed. I sat down and held her hand stroking he top of it.

"Hey, I know I shouldn't expect a response but I would love one right now." I paused and looked up at her face for any signs that she heard me, I got nothing.

"So you have a brain tumor which caused a stroke. That's a lot to say in one sentence. Fuck. Anyways they have to operate by they can't do that until the swelling goes down. You're immune system and shit needs to hurry up and kick in so you can get better. I love you, so much. I refuse to lose you again." I leaned down and kissed her head.

I pulled away quickly when her heart beat started to increase rapidly and then it was nothing.

A nurse ran in yelling "Code Blue!" And I was forced out of the room while they try to save my girlfriend...