Chapter 16

Months. It's been months.

My heart was shattered to pieces months ago, for a while I felt sorry for myself. I cried myself to sleep, I acted out in school, and I pushed my friends away from me.

I'm now numb. Numb to the pain of heartbreak that was forced upon me.

I see her face on the news, I see her social media posts and it's kind of relieving.

I no longer cry. Now I just stare at them. A thousand mile stare where I replay the memories that keep rolling around my head when being with out her was to hard to swallow.

I'm done caring. I don't care, about anything. My grades have turned to shit, my friends have better things to do because I ignore them and my health is diminishing.

I know what you're think... Why the fuck is she doing this to herself over a break up.

We'll have you ever been In love? Have you ever felt so strongly about that person they became a piece of you?

When that piece is ripped away from you it hurts like hell.

Everyday you're forced to carry around this opened wound called heartbreak, over time it feels as though it's getting infected because it starts to hurt worse but one day that wound will close up and scar over, it just sometimes doesn't feel like it.

I was once told that if you repeat something enough that it will lose its meaning.

Tonight was one of the many where I'd stay up and say her name until my voice went raw hoping to stop loving her, it never worked.

It's 4am and I have to be up for school soon. I've slept 0 hours in the last two days.

It's like my mind never shuts off.

I grabbed my phone trying to pass the time.

Camilacabello97: Anyone know how to turn their mind off?

I got a notification a few minutes later meaning lauren just made a new tweet.

Laurenjauregui: I miss you everyday

I decided to indirect her because I know she's reading my tweets.

Camilacabello97: You were mine once. I watched you blossom. Now, I wish to erase all memories.

After the tweet was made I got a text.

Laur: don't indirect me

Camz: take your own advice.

Laur: I'm being serious Camz, my fans will pick up on it

Camz: 1. It's Camila and 2. I don't really care if your fans pick up on it or not.

Laur: Come on, don't be like this 

Camz: Fuck you.

Laur: I'm coming home in two days. I want to talk to you

Camz: Well I don't want to talk to you, leave me alone and stay out of my life. I'm not getting hurt again. 

With the I turned my phone off and closed my eyes wishing sleep would just take over.

It did.

Two days later

"Camila, hey! Wake up." I heard Dinah whisper next to me.

"I don't want to."

"Please just look up." I decided to see why she keeps bugging me and there she was. Standing in the front of my English looking nervous as ever... I loved it.

She nodded her heads towards the door telling me to follow. I looked at my teacher, we have a sub untill the end of the year. She shook her head signaling it was okay, shit.

I got up and followed her outside and to her car.

No words were exchanged the entire ride.

We soon pulled up at the Fillmore theatre, of course.

I followed her inside and took a seat.

"You know, this is where we had our first date." Lauren said.

"I'm aware."

"The things I felt that day was indescribable. I finally found someone who understood me. Someone who liked me for me and not the fame. Now I've lost that someone due to me being stupid."

"Yeah you have." I said rolling my eyes.

"Listen Camila, I'm so sorry. You don't deserve this. I never wanted to hurt you."

"Ever since I lost you, ever since my forever walked out the front door I'm not afraid of losing anything because nothing will hurt more than losing you. I loved you Lauren and you took my heart out of my chest and stomped on it. I've never stopped loving you Lauren but now I'm forced to stop showing it." I was now standing in front of her.

"I never stopped loving you. I fucking love you so much. I never knew what love was until you came into my life, everything I ever expected love to be was wiped away. Now you're gone and it's all my fault. I fucked this up and I'll have to suffer in silence and be doomed to love you for the rest of my life. Just know I'll always be here waiting for you when You feel I deserve to have you in my arms again." I was mad.

"No you don't get to do this. Your don't get to feel sorry for yourself! I could feel us drifting apart. Our 3am conversations turned into three minute conversations. The only way I got you to talk to me was to fight with you. How do you think that made me feel?"

"I don't know how many times I can apologize to get you to believe me." Lauren said. Tears now falling from both of our eyes.

You're the one hooking up with other girls. You're over it."

"You don't know anything Camila! I'm not hooking up with any girls. I go on dates hoping to get my mind off of you but it never goes through. You're all I think about."

"I can't. I'm not going through this pain again."

"The don't." Lauren walked over and grabbed my hands.

"I promise to never hurt you. Losing you was the stupidest thing I ever did. Give me another chance Camz?." My breathe hitched in my throat when she pulled out a ring.

"This is a promise ring. I promise to love you every second of everyday but more importantly this is my promise to you that I will never hurt you again. I will never treat you like that again. I love you Camila, more than you can imagine. Will you accept this promise ring and will you be my girlfriend again?" I was now crying.

"Yes." Lauren slipped the ring onto my finger and pulled me in for a hug.

She pulled away and put her hand on my cheek. We both leaned in and connected our lips. I can't tell you how much I missed this feeling. This feeling of absolute euphoria.

"I love you." She said as she pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you too. Forever."

Hey guys this was a shorter chapter but what did you think? Did you like it? Please suggest ideas! Thank you!!