The Engagement

"In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

Time cascaded down like the leaf in the water and the day I'd waited most finally knocked my door. I was nervous plus excited at the same time. I was appreciating the nail art Miss Sania had done on my nails, lying on the bed. My home was swarmed up with my relatives. Everyone had taken certain responsibilities on their shoulders. Since I was the bride, I had this royal treatment of relaxing.

"Butu! Where is your dress?" My cousin's wife, Charu barged inside my room.

"It will be delivered by an hour."

"And jewelry?"

"Siya went for that!"

"And oh my God! What about beautician?"

"Miss Sania will send her assistant in one hour bhabhi, stop panicking yaar!!" I was irritated.

"Yes of course, you're chilling here why not; you are relaxing whereas we've to look into everything." She rolled her eyes.

ESV waved her hand at her. 'Hello babe! I'm the Bride here, so I am allowed to take rest.'

"Yes bhabhi, you guys are very busy and I'm the only idle here, you have some work for me?" I smiled, sarcastically.

"Oh my God! I left Putu alone in the room. What's wrong with me?" She slapped her forehead panicking and I rolled my eyes. She ran away to pick Pratyusha, her seven months daughter and came back after sometime, giving me the sleeping baby. "Here, she is sleeping so keep an eye on her. I'm going."

"What? bhab--" before I could complete she emerged from the room. I sighed, looked at my peacefully sleeping niece. I pecked her forehead and lied beside her, patting her back. I was about to sleep when Putu woke up and started crying bitterly. I cradled her against my chest and fed her with the bottle, pacing across the room. Finally when she slept on my shoulder, I slowly made her lay on the bed and patted her head.

I was about to fall next to her when someone called "BUTU!"

ARGHH!! KILL ME GUYS!!

Abhimanyu's Perspective

"How am I looking?" Vandisha danced before my eyes in her purple Anarkali.

"Average!"

"And what about me?" Paridhi frowned, showing her pink and maroon indo-western dress.

"Same!!" I gave a tiring look, buttoning my Sherwani.

"You are also looking crap." She snorted and I smirked. "I didn't ask for your opinion."

"You! Dada. Arrghh!" Both twines stomped their foot and marched out of the room and I giggled, gelling my hair.

"Oye! You're not yet ready, daft! Don't you want to go for your engagement?" Mehul slapped my arm jumping on my bed.

"If it were in his hands, he would've run till now." Kartik commented.

"Shut up!" I growled.

"Get ready fast would-be groom. Everyone is ready and we don't want to get late." Dada took the watch and clasped on my wrist.

"Thanks Dada!" I hugged him and he patted my back emboldening. "Today my little brother is going to start a new phase of his life. Congratulations!"

I smiled and asked, how was I looking and he laughed. "You're looking very handsome!"

"You too, big bro."

"Are you guys not coming to the party?" Mehul chuckled and I hit his arm. "Where is Bharat?"