The Fast Forward

“It was love that kept Kais sane, otherwise the world had already claimed him as a Majnun without understanding him.”

“So, Siya do you want to see your jiju?” I choked on the juice that I was sipping as Shikha aunt chirped to Siya. Siya browsed her gaze on me and cleared her throat, “Yes. I definitely want to.”

I extracted the napkin from the box and wiped my lips before inhaling a deep breath. It was not the best way to kick off a day. Aunt was going to implement a bud in my head if she handed me the picture. I decided to stuff the toast and omelet in my mouth and raced my fingers in finishing the poha served on my plate. Contrary to the plan, I woke up late and ended up postponing the shopping plan that was made up with Rhea. Granted, she was grumpy but I didn’t meddle. Now, seated on the eight-seater dining table, I was almost on one way ticket to heaven when Shikha aunt said the ‘jiju’ word.

“Isn’t she being the fast forward? I am telling you with this speed, she will be getting you married to the guy the next day.” She chuckled occupying her seat beside me and I kicked her under the table. 

“What are you guys talking?” I breathed a sigh of relief as mom entered the picture and I rose to my feet. “Nothing. I am leaving for Rhea’s residence because I am sure she must be hitting the roof thinking I cancelled the plan.”

Mom chuckled and nodded, “Make sure you are here by the lunch because Tushar is coming today.”

“But, his trip was of two weeks right?”

“His work winded up early.”

“Okay, that’s good. I am leaving now. Bye!” Hurrying on my way, I noticed Aunt producing an envelope out of her bag and handing it to Siya. “He’s so handsome. Mom, look at jiju’s picture.” I heard her exhaling as I raced to the exit. Daft!!

***

“Rhea... Let’s go.” I dragged her outside, without taking a glance as to what she wore when she opened the door and yawned.

“Hold on!! You’re here correct on time. Am I dreaming?” She rubbed her eyes, un-gripping and halted in my steps. I looked at her in disbelief, she was in her bear printed pajamas and top at the eleven o’clock when she had ruined my sleep at five o’clock by calling me. It was she because of whom I had to get up early and when I decided to take nap, I ended up snoozing for three extra hours.

ESV glared at her, ‘She was sleeping ruining mine.’ I did the same.

“Umm... Come inside and then I’ll explain you.” She shuttered, pulling me inside her room and I was two minutes left from strangling her.

“You were sleeping?” My voice was stale and pronounced as the calm before the storm.

“I can explain.” She repelled, shielding her hands before her as I bear down on her, “You’ve just one minute to recite the last prayer, you bitch!”

I grabbed the pillow and threw it at her followed by another and she maneuvered to dodge that but winced as one of the pillows hit her straight on her face. I smirked at my exquisite aim. 

“I didn’t want to...ow... sleep but that...hey don’t throw.....boring program just...ow....did it.” She let out her whine interspersing with puppy words to convince me.

I glared her, calming down and settled down on the bed, pressing a side pillow on my lap, “Go and get ready fast and send some juice for me. You’ve T minus two seconds.”

“Will be back in split of seconds.” She grinned and ran to her bathroom while throwing an order for her Butler to serve me. Within snaps, I was served with a glass full of Grape Juice and vanilla cake. I, stoically, flipped the pages of a fashion magazine that was carelessly resting on her dresser.