CHAPTER 72

Next day, I climb down stairs covering my mouth with back of my palm trying to muffle my yawn. I stretched my body as I entered the kitchen, I freeze on seeing Adnan sitting at the breakfast table munching on the scrambled eggs and reading newspaper. I gulped. I didn't have guts to wish him, so I sneaked into the kitchen but I am sure he saw me. I inform Vimala to give me corn flakes and also that I will be leaving within an hour to work. Liqa's reception is around 8pm, and I have to make all arrangements. I have already impressed them; I have to maintain my impression.

After talking to Vimala I had no other option but to go sit at the table, for a moment before leaving I glanced at the kitchen slab and wondered if I can have breakfast here. Vimala looks at me confused and I flashed her an awkward smile before i left.

I sat at the table beside Adnan, he looks at me from corner of his eyes and I begin to sweat with nervousness.

Silence!

'When is the reception?' Adnan says and I am alarmed. I look up at him, he is not looking at me but at the newspaper.

'8'

'Where is it?'

'Sheraton'

'I will drop you there, Riad wants me to attend so I will drop you back home again' Adnan says, this time he looks at me.

My little heart does a happy dance; Adnan is slowly trying to open-up to me. I guess he took Riad's advice seriously. My love for Riad increased thousand times more as I fall in love with him all over again.

I happily ate my breakfast, after I am done I get up when Adnan says 'I have some work near Sheraton, I will drop you'. I freeze, I turn to him hoping I heard right and not imagined. He stands too

'I am leaving in an hour, be ready quick' he says and walks out from the dining room and I smile widely.

Adnan sits in the sofa room reading the rest of his newspaper, I rushed upstairs and take a quick bath and come out dressed for work, V-neck white and blue cap sleeved lace knee length pencil dress. I left my hair open with little puff. Then Kohl, red lip stick, wrist watch, perfume and white stiletto and I am done. I rushed down and frown when I see Adnan isn't there in the living room. Has he changed his mind? Did he leave? I checked my watch, I have taken only half an hour, I am not even late. I call Vimala and she informs me that Adnan is waiting for me outside. I smile and hurried outside.

My heart is fluttering with excitement and nervousness. I am not disappointed when I see Adnan standing next to his car wiping the windshield of his car.

'Bhai' I say. He didn't say anything; he folds the cloth neatly and places it in the back of the car. He nods and gets into his car, without any further words I too simply sat in the passenger seat. We drive in silence.

Ruchi is surprised when she sees me climb down from Adnan's car. I felt slightly disappointed because Adnan didn't say good bye or things like "take care" and "all the best". He simply drives away. I shake my head little, at least he has become little warmer today, better than yesterday. I should not push it. Riad is right, Adnan needs time, I should be patient with him.

Ruchi quizzes me about this, she is shocked that I am still alive, she had expected I will be dead- such an awesome friend I have.

I said her the details and left before she quizzes me further. There is so much to do, I decided to bury myself in work to distract myself.

By lunch, I am almost exhausted. I had been supervising the decorations while Ruchi was first in the honeymoon suite supervising the decorations there, she then left to the kitchen. I fish out my mobile to text Ruchi for lunch when my phone rings, my heart skips a beat on seeing Riad's name flash on screen. Without wasting much time, I pick up the call