1◉ A day in the life of a wedding planner

Early mornings are always very pleasant but I am not a morning person

Early mornings are always very pleasant but I am not a morning person. It's not that I haven't tried being friendly with the mornings. Thanks to my brother who makes sure I wake at dawn and try yoga or the old-fashioned-yet effective; jogging and walking. But despite all our attempts, the result is - Nah-ah! I hate mornings and mornings hate me back.

This was very such early morning, not dawn, as my alarm clock beeped. And like always I shut it by slamming my palm over it. This vintage round shaped analog alarm clock with its annoying beeping sound irritates me to another level.

In the age of mobile phones, who the heck uses alarm clocks? Oh yeah, my brother – Adnan Siddiqui. He was someone I assumed didn't belong to this century.

It had just been five minutes and I heard Adnan calling me from downstairs.

'Aleesa!'

This early morning, even his voice sounded annoying. I groaned and buried myself deep inside my cozy bed. I wrapped my blanket tightly and snuggled comfortably.

'Alu! Wake up.'

I frowned as my brother called me by the world's most annoying nick-name.

'Stop it, Bhai. Lemme sleep.' I protested. He clicked his tongue and without warning pulled the blanket from my face. I was exposed to the bright sunlight. It pricked my eyes and I let out a shriek. Adnan giggled. I opened my eyes and glared, blinking at him. He smiled as he took a seat next to my feet.

'Wake-up sleepy head. Don't you have work?' – he paused looking at me with an eyebrow raised but I kept blinking stupidly at him, - 'Ms. Kumar has been calling you.' He informed and smirked at my reaction. My eyes widened as the realization dawned upon me.

His smirk widened as he watched me struggle to find my phone. I got hold of the rascal under my pillow. I grabbed it and checked the notifications. My eyes widened in horror as I checked 10 miscalls from my client – Miss Kiran Kumar. She was the daughter of India's most successful businessman was one of our richest clients and this was one of my high-profile assignments. I had been paid in lakhs. And so, I cannot afford to upset her, else she will make sure I am banned by all in her social circle. And her social circle is huge. It was not only about the loss of money but also my reputation as a wedding planner.

I gulped and tossed my phone on the other side. Ignoring my brother's warning I stumbled towards my wardrobe.

'Slow down, Alu and relax.' – after a short pause, Adnan added, - 'I will go check on the breakfast.' He announced. I simply nodded as I rummaged through my cupboard. Quickly, I pulled out a coral peplum and rushed to the bathroom for a quick bath.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

After bath and getting dressed I was busy with flat ironing my hair when my phone beeped. Placing the hair iron down I picked up my call.