CHAPTER 29

I and Adnan are having dinner when my phone rings, my phone is next to Adnan. While munching his chicken curry he turns his head and looks at my phone, I am lost into eating and didn't bother, must be Ruchi calling.

Adnan frowns and picks up the phone 'Who is Ms. Ali?' he says and I freeze, holding the spoon in midair. I lean forward and grabbed the phone from my brother, I say to him that she is my client, the one who had hired me for her engagement. I pushed back my chair and go little distance away from the table, far enough so that I am out of ear shot.

'Hello!'

'Hey, Aleesa! Liqa here. I am so sorry for Riad, he is always jumping on his toes.... he didn't even discuss any details with you...he is thoda crack (she giggles) ....'

Liqa then goes on to tell me that she will be coming to my office tomorrow and get into all the details. We agreed 12pm to be the time for our meeting. As I cut the call I feel excited, of course for the marriage but also because Riad will be there too.

I slap my forehead for thinking about him. Why am I thinking so much about him, anyways?

I kept tossing and turning on my bed, thinking about my encounter with Riad from this morning. His face was inches apart from mine, he smelled so delicious, he looked so dashing. I can't believe I am fantasying for boy who I had once loathed. He had repulsed me once and now I find him ruling my dreams. What irony! I guess Ruchi had sung the very apt song that is describing my current situation

"Kya karoon, Haye! Kuch Kuch hotha hai"

*

Next day, I take extra effort for my looks lest Riad comes with Liqa. My rational mind kept telling me to not be stupid and that he is a busy man, he won't have time to keep tagging along for this and moreover it isn't even his wedding.

But my heart didn't want to take any chances. For work, today I wore a lavender formal shirt and black pencil skirt matching it with black stiletto.

I left first two buttons open, combed my hair and tied it in place with black banana clip. Applied black kohl and dabbed my lips with a glossy lip gloss, I also applied add extra perfume. I should smell nice in case yesterday's incident is repeated.

Adnan is surprised to see me, he teases 'If you go like this I am sure we will be receiving lots of alliances for you'. I roll my eyes.

'Oye ho!' Ruchi winks at me as I come into the office, thankfully there were some employees else she would have whistled.

'Wah! What is so special today...? You are looking killer, babes' she goes on. I feel confident with her encouragement. She insisted me many times to reveal the reason, but I kept lying to her. I am not going to reveal the reason yet. For now, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I really hope all this effort that I have done doesn't go waste.

My heart rate increases as the clock tricks to 12pm. When there is five minutes to twelve, I hurried to the attached washroom. I washed my face, did touch up and also applied little of my perfume.

I hear a knock and rushed towards my seat. I take a deep breath and suppressed my smile, while answering the person to come in.

My smile fades when I see Liqa and Hanan enter, I stretched my neck little to look over them, but it's only them. I am disappointed. Nevertheless, I stand up and greet them.

Liqa is dressed in a Blue mandarin long kurtha with a long slit in the center and grey Palazzo pants, her hair open and resting on her shoulder.

Hanan is dressed in an Army green noddle strapped top and black long skirt, her hair tied in a loose pony tail resting on her shoulder Wow! She is epitome of beauty; she has applied minimal makeup just kohl and lip gloss. Her features so sharp and prominent. She smiles at me, I envy her.

'Hey!' Hanan says brightly and extends her hand to shake mine. I take her hand. It's Liqa's wedding, she is Riad's cousin and Hanan is from Urooj's side then why is she so hyperactive.

Liqa and Hanan sit opposite to me, I sit too.

'Aleesa, you were awesome for the engagement....' Liqa begins, she then goes on to say that she wants to hire me for all the functions, starting from Haldi and ending with Reception. Their budget is around 5 crores. Wow! That is some amount.

This time as we discussed everything, Liqa was friendly unlike last time. Hanan was also giving her inputs, and I kept cutting her but she was thick-skinned she continued giving her ideas. Either she is stupid to not get the hint or she doesn't care.

Finally, after one hour of discussion, we decided. Haldi, Mehendi and Sangeet will take place in their farm house which is in the outskirts of Pune. Again, I will have to pack my bags and shift to their farm house for the three day stay there. I am excited to visit Liqa's farm house. I bit my lower lip, will Riad be there too? So, I will be staying with him for three days. Wow!

'Rizwan's farm house is near to ours...and for three days he and his family will also shift to their farm house and drop by to ours in the evening for the functions...Gents function will in the back yard.' Liqa explains.

I wanted to ask so badly, about gents from our side particularly Riad. But I controlled myself.

'Pack all your best dresses...' Hanan says smiling.

Rest assure darling, I will? I think in my mind, mentally smirking. Hanan smiles at me and flash my best fake smile.

Haldi, Mehendi and Sangeet will take place at Liqa's farm house one week from now, the function will go on for three days, and I along with Ruchi will arrive in the evening before the first function- Haldi. Liqa gave her preferred Carter and their contact number, we will have to handle them now. To my annoyance Hanan suggested the DJ, she says he is the best and Liqa instantly agreed. Honestly he isn't that great. Ruchi can suggest better. But why must Hanan butt-in in everything? Photographer will be Anil only, there is no compromise on that.

Liqa gives the detailed list of guests. The guests coming to the farm house will be the same who had attended the engagement. I gulped, it will be Riad's family, Urooj's family (Hanan included) and Liqa's family. But the lists for the guests attending the wedding and Reception is huge, there are many VIP guests as well. This will be a challenge.

Wedding will be next week after these functions in the Marriott and two days after that is the reception in Sheraton.