CHAPTER 63

I take shower again; I sing and dance as I come out from the bathroom wrapped in pink towel. I am so happy, Riad asked me to choose shervani for him. He is opening up to me, though I am curious to know what happened last night and what I blabbered. I will ask him in the wedding.

I quickly wear my Victoria secret inners and dressed in a golden sleeveless blouse and orange saree. I shopped for the saree today, I want to be color coordinated with Riad. Ruchi had eyed me suspiciously, but all I said was "what? I like orange color"

I draped the saree neatly, tugging it in my petti-cot that is below my navel. I tied a delicate waist band. I really wished I had belly piercing like Hanan, she will be looking beautiful as always, I think bitterly.

I rest my hair on my shoulder and tie the knot and hook of my blouse. It's a sexy blouse, its short exposing my flat tummy. I comb my hair and tie it in a messy bun with Chinese golden hair stick. I let loose strands of hair, letting them fall on my forehead and some strands frame my face. Next I applied Kohl, lipstick and slight blush. Once again, I applied the special perfume. I hope it comes to use this time. I roll my eyes.

I slightly move my Pallu exposing half of my blouse, I wore few orange bangles on my right wrist and Golden floral temple Jhumkas. I smile, happy with my look. I take my golden clutch purse and climb down stairs.

'Waah, Didi. You are looking Kamal!' Vimala compliments me and I smile. Vimala adds that I will get an alliance today at the wedding. I chuckle. Vimala insists I take a picture and send it to Adnan, he will like it.

I agreed. I stand by the door, holding my purse in one hand and the other hand on my hip. I smile to the camera.

I come back to the venue and find Riad is already there. He is talking something to one of the decorators. I adjust the edge of my saree and shift my Pallu little exposing more of my blouse. I walk towards him with confidence.

'Hey!' I say and flash my best smile. Riad turns around and smiles. My breath is caught in my throat when I see him from up close. He is looking dashing in Golden and Orange Bandhgala Shervani. The shervani is mostly orange with little golden print, there is golden embroidery on the closed collar and along the edges. Matching the shervani is a golden Dhoti. He is looking so stunning that he could easily be mistaken to be the groom. He raises his collar little silently asking me how he is looking. I smile and compliment him. I used mild language as Amazing, but in my mind, I had used more hardcore words.

I wish he wasn't here, I am so distracted. Every time, I see him I undress him with my eyes. And so, I tried hard to not look at him. But then, he is so handsome, how can one not look?

Fifteen minutes later, I am relieved that he leaves. He flashes a smile before leaving. I am hypnotized. But as he leaves I frown, why is he being so nice to me?

I go to the bridal suite, and see many aunties getting ready, all in one room. Some are dressed in sarees and some in beautiful expensive looking salwar and kameez. I smile, then I see Hanan come in. I looked at her from head to toe, and only one word escaped my mouth. WOW!

She is dressed in a semi gold and semi turquoise saree with golden half sleeve blouse. Her hair open and curled at the end, her hair parted half on her shoulder and remaining resting on her back. She has big round Jhumkas and like always minimal make-up. She smiles at me, but this smile is unlike her other smiles. I sense she seems off lately, especially towards me.

She ignores me and walks towards her mother, I composed myself. I felt bad with her cold behavior but I brushed it off thinking it to be wedding stress.

There is only one hour left, I called up Ruchi and asked her to go check the venue. I have checked but I want her to double check. I am rushing towards the kitchen; I wish I had power to split into two so that I can have one half to the kitchen and other half to the gate to receive the guests.

I am rushing with my notepad when I dash into someone, I almost well when I felt his arm around my bare waist and I shiver with his touch. My notepad falls from my hand as my gaze meets his dark eyes.

'You okay?' he asks as he helps me stand. I nod adjusting my saree. He bends down and takes the notepad from the ground and hands it to me.

'You look tensed, all okay?' he asks. I nod my head and then say about the building up tension. Riad smiles and places his palm on my shoulder. 'You go check the kitchen, I, Imran, Saeed (Liqa's cousins) will go receive the guests. I will get Feroz Chacha (Liqa's father) also.' He says softly. I smile gratefully at him.

'It's okay' he says smiling, patting my shoulder he leaves. I watch him go and smile to myself. Riad is so perfect, how can someone be so perfect? He is every girl's dream man.

This time I kept Ruchi to ladies section, and I went for the gent's section. Ruchi was disappointed as she wanted to watch all the boys but I am interested in only one -Riad and so I went there. I feel little awkward there because of too many men and me being only woman. I kept watching the waiter assuring that everyone is being served the starters.

'Serve more glasses of orange juice' I guide one of the waiters. As I run around I feel someone's gaze on me. I turn around and find Riad watching me from corner of his eyes.

He is with few men but his gaze on me, I blush. Slowly I move, his gaze moving with me. I watch him too. Then I see him follow me, he is at the safe distance. I smile for few seconds I look away and then back at him. We kept glancing at each other every few seconds. Then I get an idea, I signal him with my eyes to come behind the pillar. Riad looks around, I look at him and disappear behind the pillar. Seconds later Riad comes and I blush.

'Mister...since when I am noticing, you are watching me (I hold his collar and pull him) haven't you heard its rude to stare.' I say wrapping my arms around his neck. Riad smiles and hold my waist, I tremble with his touch but didn't move my gaze.

'What to do when there is a gorgeous woman like you. How can I control?' he says and smiles. I blush. He held my chin in between his thumb and index finger and lifts my face, our gaze meets. I see a strange spark pass between us, and I smile.

'Riad...' I say closing my eyes as he caressed my cheek with back of his fingers.

'Hmm...'

'What did I say last night?' I say unable to hold the curiosity in me

This seems to bring Riad to reality, he moves his arm from around me and takes a step back. My eyes spring open.

'Riad...I am sorry I was drunk...'

'What you said was the truth? That you made the tattoo after you realized...do you love me?' he asks

I look at him. Oh, Shit! I blabbered everything about the car incident? I am embarrassed. I look at him into his eyes. I nod

Riad holds my face in his palms 'I am sorry' I say softly.

He looks on at me lovingly 'Not only for last night, but also for every time I hurt you even we were young...I was naïve and stupid to not see a gem like you (my eyes turn moist as I place my palms over his, that is placed on my cheek) but I have realized my mistake...and I want to confess...that I love you...I love you a lot...I really do' I say sincere. Riad smiles, I see his eyes moist as well. He grips my face tighter, perhaps he saw the sincerity and honesty in my eyes. He leans forward and kissed my forehead.

'I love you too (my heart skips a beat) but...I need some time...I don't know...'

I place my palm over his mouth and he stops speaking 'I deserve this...after what I did with you...Riad...please let's forget the past and start afresh...' I say

Riad looks at me, I look back. But before he could respond we hear that the Maulana has come. We had to part. Riad says that he will come out from behind the pillar first then me few minutes later. I nod.