CHAPTER 62

Next morning, I felt like my head will split into two. I have never ever had such bad hangover, and the day I decided to get it is on an important day, the wedding day when there is so much to do. I sit up straight holding my forehead

'Ruchi...'I groaned

'Good morning...' I freeze hearing his deep voice, Riad.

Hearing his voice alarmed me, I quickly grabbed handful of the duvet covering myself. Under the duvet, I adjusted my dress. God! I hope he hasn't seen much.

Riad is sitting on the sofa diagonal to the bed, he is dressed is his navy shirt and black trousers, tie loosely hung around his neck. He is wearing his socks.

'Good morn-morning...' I say, my voice like a frog speaking. I close my mouth. Riad stands up and walks towards me. I shift little as he sits beside me and hands me a glass of lime juice. I smile gratefully.

'I-hope-I didn't blabber much...'I say embarrassed.

He smiles sadly 'I wished you blabbered before' he says. I didn't understand his tone. I blink at him, trying hard to remember what blunder I did last night. He stands up and asks me have the lime juice. I nod my head and gulped down the entire glass. I feel better.

I forward the glass, he takes the glass, his fingers rests on mine and I shiver. Our gaze meets, this time I see his eyes twinkle. I wonder what I said. Few seconds into staring I burped.

SHIT! I place my palm over my mouth, my eyes wide open.

Riad chuckles and stands up, I look away embarrassed. Then I look up at him and see him laugh as he walks towards the table to place the glass. For the first time in the last fifteen years I am seeing him laugh. I smile, for this laugh I can embarrass myself all my life.

He sits on the sofa going back to getting ready, from his attire it looks like he is preparing to go for work. I check my mobile and I am stunned to see 15miss calls from Ruchi and ten text message. The last one saying, if you don't contact me soon I am calling Adnan and going to the police. I looked at Riad, he is busy tying his tie. Causally, I slip down from the bed and go into the bathroom.

I dialed Ruchi's number the moment she picks up my call she begins to yell on the phone demanding to know where I was.

'I am in Riad's room...'

'Since last night...?' I sense Ruchi's anger turning into excitement. I smile and nod 'Yes'. The moment I replied I hear her shriek with joy and know she is jumping, I hope she doesn't break anything in the room. If she breaks her bones it will be okay but I hope she doesn't break hotel stuff else it will cost us a fortune, this hotel is lavish.

'Finally, my baby has become a woman...finally...Balle Balle.... I am so happy...finally you lost your virginity...Oh My God!'

'Hold your horses, Ruchi. Nothing happened...' I say busting her happy bubble, she starts lecturing me. I roll my eyes and turn around and gasps seeing my reflection. My eye make-up and lipstick smudged, my hair disheveled. I am a mess, and Riad saw me this way. I am beyond embarrassed.

I washed my face and quickly adjusted my hair and step out. Riad now stands in front of the mirror, he wears his coat. He sees my reflection and looks around

'Come I will drop you to your room.'

I frown, what happened to him? I wonder what I said last night that he is being so nice to me? I nod my head.

He opens the door and we step out together looking at each other.

'Riad...' we freeze

I move my gaze from Riad and find Hanan standing in front of us looking at us suspiciously. Oh, no! looking at my condition and I coming out from Riad's room this way, I hope she doesn't misunderstand us. I gulped, I am too tensed to speak. Thankfully, Riad steps in to my rescue