CHAPTER 56

It's Saturday yet Adnan has some work at office and so he left, as soon as he was gone I and Vimala get to work. Vimala is in-charge of the food, so she gets busy preparing dinner and I am in-charge of the cleaning and I get to it. I tied my hair in a messy bun, pulled up my sleeves and folded my pants till my knees picking up the broom and mop I get to work.

One hour later, I flop on the sofa exhausted. With God's grace, our bungalow is fairly big and now I have just finished half, there is still moping to do. I let out a loud sigh!

'Vimala, Tea' I called massaging my nape, my head resting at the back of the sofa and my legs stretched resting on the small table in front of the sofa.

'Ji, Didi' Vimala replies.

Five minutes later, I am presented by tea from her. I smile gratefully at her and take the cup. Vimala is very efficient, she has been working even before I had come to Pune and we never had any complains. It's a huge blessing to have such efficient, loyal and humble maid in this kalyug.

Around 6 pm, my work is done, I had to take Vimala's help though. Vimala is happily preparing dinner.

I look around and am impressed by the hard-work I and Vimala had put into all this. I smacked my forehead when I realized that I didn't even bother informing Riad about Dinner, we took so much pain and we are not even sure if he will come tonight. Great!

I debated if I should call him or go to his place? with the second option I might look like a despo, but then if I go meet him personally maybe I will be able to convince him to come? Tough choice.

Five minutes into thinking I decided I will go, I will have to pick up some whisky for the dinner that I will do on the way back. I asked Vimala to take care of the place as I have remembered an urgent work and I need to go. She nods her head and I quickly climbed upstairs to my room.

This time unlike last time I called Vikram and got myself an appointment to meet Riad, I didn't call the receptionist because she might make me wait in a long queue or give me tomorrow's appointment. So, to full-proof my appointment I spoke to Vikram. He was a total sweetheart and gave me a 6.30 appointment. I glanced at my wall clock, its 6.15, I need to rush.

Quickly I freshened up and dressed into white and blue cold shoulder boho top and denim jeans. I combed my hair and left it open. I applied kohl and lip-gloss and also the perfume that Ruchi had guaranteed me will drive Riad crazy. I informed Vimala I am leaving, with a happy smile I get into the car and drive to his office, like my brother, Riad too is working on Saturdays.

I am greeted by Vikram at the reception, it is pure co-incidence that we met. He glances at his wrist watch and compliments me for my punctuality and I beam with pride. I felt my confidence die down little as I knocked at Riad's cabin, in my excitement I forgot to ask Vikram if Riad knows that I am here.

'Come in' I felt my heart leap to my throat hearing his strong baritone. I silently prayed to God to help me and taking a deep breath I entered the cabin.

Riad is working with some files, I cleared my throat and he looks up at me. From his expression, it looked like he didn't know I was to come.

'You?' he asked surprised.

I nod my head and walk towards his desk taking small steps towards him. He doesn't say anything but simply watches me.

'Hey, actually I wanted to thank you for last night...'

'You needn't, I would have helped anyone in that situation' he replies

I smile, Riad is a true gentleman. I am so lucky to have someone like him in love with me. But...

I pushed the negative thought behind my head and shift in my place.

'Yes, but since you saved me so as token of appreciation and gratitude I invite to have dinner at my place' I say

I see his jaw clench; I know what he is thinking 'Adnan has asked you to be at our place by 9' I say

He looks at me, it looks like he is processing everything in his head and debating with himself. I wish I could extend my hand and take his in mine and assure him that everything is okay and he will be just fine. But I couldn't. Minutes later, he nods his head and I smile.

'Thank you...' I say

Riad simply nods his head and gets back into his file. He is looking into the file but I am sure he is thinking about the night. Honestly, I am excited and nervous. I hope all goes well. Fingers crossed.

*

As soon as I reached home, I rushed to my room and started to dress myself for the night. Riad will be here at my home for the first time and everything should be perfect.

I take quick hot shower and fished out my clothes for the night. To my back luck I had shared about dinner to Ruchi and she started giving her advises and ordered me to follow them.

So, taking her advice I wore one of the Victoria secret inners, she had also asked me to use cleavage enhancer, I don't think it is a good idea as Adnan will be there too but Ruchi asked me not to think about him. Riad is coming and one never knows when one will get lucky. Though the chances are zero percent I still used it. Damn! Half my boobs are spilling out of the inner. I didn't like it and had second thoughts of removing then Ruchi's head comes floating in front of me

"Riad is going to be at your home, you never know when you will get lucky, be prepared"

I blush looking at my reflection thinking of Riad looking at me this way. I shake my head and quickly wear my cup sleeved V-neck (slightly deep) aqua evening dress reaching till my knees. I slipped into silver high heels and applied some make up- the usual. Combed my hair and tied in a neat bun. After I am done, I am content. I smile and raised my right hand, I look at my Tattoo and smile

'Come soon...I am waiting for you....'I say to it and kissed it.

Adnan comes around 8.30, he hands his laptop bag to Vimala and turns to climb the stairs when I come out from my room. He frowns looking at me. I felt nervous, what if Adnan asks me to change. To my relief he doesn't say anything and simply walks into his room, I breathe sigh of relief as he closes his door.

I then climb down and Vimala winks at me. I noticed she too is dressed in her new saree, orange and white floral saree. I smile at her.

She takes me to the kitchen and I look at all the delicacies she has prepared. Matar Pulao, mutton cutlet, vanilla custard, veg curry, fruit salad. I inhale the aroma and it brings water in my mouth. I complimented Vimala and she smiles brightly.

I come from the kitchen and find Adnan climbing down stairs, he has dressed in blue and white checked shirt and denim jeans. I smile at him; he smiles back but I felt his smile was little hesitant. Perhaps like me he is nervous too. I complimented him as he stands in front me.

'You have spoken to him?' Adnan asks as he buttons his sleeves. I nod. He looks at me with raised eyebrows as though asking me from where I got his details. He didn't ask anything so I decided it will be wise to shut-up.

Sharp at 9 our door-bell rings and I nearly jumped out from my skin. I am about to stand to get the door when Adnan asks me to sit. I nervously followed him to the door, my heart thumping inside my chest. He unlocks the door and opens it. I am relieved as I see Riad standing on the other side. He is dressed in formal slim fit sky blue shirt; it has tiny white dots and black trousers. In one hand, he held bouquet of white and pink roses and with the other he held a

Bottle of whiskey. I couldn't stop but smile thinking that I and Riad are wearing almost color coordinated dress.