CHAPTER 38

I couldn't suppress my smile as I knocked Riad's door, he asks me to come in. I enter and find him standing in front of the mirror fidgeting with his Kurtha button. He is looking raffish in a dark yellow long Kurtha and white pajama.

'Thank God you came Hanan...'he stops and frowns when he notices me standing at the door holding a box filled with needles and threads.

'What are you doing here?' he says. I smile and using my leg I close the door all the while looking seductively into his eyes. I am happy he doesn't move his gaze from mine as I cat walk towards him.

I am standing few steps in front of him, still looking into his eyes I place the box on the table and move my hand placing it on his chest. I noticed sweat beads forming on his forehead and I mentally smirk.

Ah ha! I still have effect on him. For second I see him transform back to the same 17-year-old Champu Riad who had terrible crush on me. The way he is looking at me lovingly was the way he used to look at me fifteen years ago.

I rest my fingers on the collar of his Kurtha and pull him closer. I boldly look into his eyes but from inside my stomach is performing somersaults. I gazed down at his lips, I had never paid attention to it before but they are so pink and so tempting. I wanted to kiss him on his lips and kiss him hard. I shiver went I felt his palm on my arms, he then pushed me gently and I take step back. I snap out from the trance and look away and picked up the box. Still staring at the box, I mumbled that Hanan has sent me here to fix his Kurtha buttons.

'You know how to stitch or are you going to waste time' he says annoyed. I shoot him a glare and then turn to get the needle and thread

'Don't act smart else I will poke you' I warn him sticking out the needle in front of him. He looks at me with raised eye brows.

I started to stitch all the while I felt his gaze fixed on me, I want him to look at me the way he was looking few seconds ago, the way he used to look at me all those years ago. I get a peek of his chest from behind his Kurtha, his tantalizing cologne hitting my nostrils and is making me restless, like those women from a male perfume ads. I leaned in and bite the thread I felt him shiver. I closed my eyes, I am tempted to kiss his chest but stopped myself. I move and look up into his eyes.

'All done' I whispered.

He doesn't say anything but simply looks at me, I take a step back and place the needle and the thread back into the box. I look at him again, he is standing there staring at me. I adjusted my hair on my shoulder and turn around to leave. I smirk as I feel his gaze on my bare back, I tilt my head and my smirk widens when I find him looking at me, I turn around and gulped on seeing Urooj standing at the door, a scowl on her face. The way she is looking at me I get scared. I lifted my lehengha little and rushed out.

'Bhai! What are you doing? You know she is trouble, phir bhi...Bhai...how many times do I have to tell you...and you are still stuck on her.... have you forgotten that night' Urooj scolds Riad

'Urooj, it's not what you think...and yeah I haven't forgotten anything and will never forget...' Riad says bitterly

'Bhai...I don't want you go through the same thing again...please...' her tone change to pleading one. I wanted to hear more but I felt my mobile vibrate, Anil calling. I had to take this call and so I left.

But the sister- brother conversation raised many doubts in my head.

"You are still stuck on her"

What does she mean by that? Has Riad never moved on from me, but he behaves differently with me like he doesn't care, like I bother him. But do I? Does this mean he roams around in front of me with a façade of hatred? I shake my head, maybe I am over thinking. Urooj might mean something else.