CHAPTER 51

'Riad...'I say softy

'Hmm...' he says with his eyes closed. I smile and shift little leaning against the door.

'Thank you' I say sincerely.

He opens his eyes and sits straight looking at me 'I had to...'

'Why?' I ask looking at him like I am in a trance.

He doesn't reply and looks away from me, I look out from the car. It is raining like cat and dogs outside. I haven't seen such heavy shower, looks like monsoon is here.

Being in wet clothes I felt cold and shivered. Riad looks at me. He leans forward and from the driver's seat gets his navy-blue coat and forwards it to me. I look at him.

'Wear this you will feel better...'he says

I am so touched with his gesture and with his love. Why didn't I see this earlier? This feeling is so special; his love is pure. I don't deserve this yet I feel greedy...I feel like I want it...I want him.

As I take the coat from him our fingers brushed and I felt goosebumps erupt on my skin.

As I look into his eyes I feel strange, I felt my heart fluttering and butterflies swimming in my stomach. What is this feeling? Is this love? Am I falling in love with him? But this love is doomed, I realized this when my gaze falls on his engagement ring.

Riad shifts in his place as I wear his coat.

Fifteen minutes passed but there is no sign of the rain to stop, instead it is getting worse. I look at Riad, he has his head resting against the seat but his eyes looking out.

'Riad...how are your parents? They didn't come for Liqa's marriage' I ask, I am getting bored and I want to start a conversation with him, for some reason I don't want him to fall asleep. Riad looks at me and smiles sadly

'Three months after the divorce got finalized Mom had remarried and Dad became a workaholic. Three years ago, he passed away.' Riad says sadly and my heart sinks.

I feel bad for him; he has gone through so much in his life. First betrayal, he lost his only friend, his reputation destroyed, his parents divorced and all this. Poor soul must be traumatized. I can't control the divorce, life and death but the heart break and the pain, it was avoidable. I feel guilty again.

'I am sorry' I say.

'It's okay. It's not your fault...you didn't know' he says and looks away. No, it is my fault. In that time of grieve I and Adnan would have been there with Riad and Urooj had that dare incident not happened. I would anyway be useless but at least Riad would have had a friend in Adnan. My heart sink lowers.

'Riad...' I say shifting little closer to him, Riad didn't shift he simply looks at me. I wanted to say so much but I couldn't I just kept staring at him. I inched closer and clasped my palms tightly resting them on my thigh.

When I look at him from up close I feel my heart rate increase, my gaze shifts to his lips for split seconds and then I look back into his eyes. We are few inches apart; I can breathe in his cologne and I feel a tingly feeling in my body.

'I think you should...' Riad begins but I stopped him by placing my index finger on his lips. As my finger touched his lips I feel goose-bumps on my skin.

'Shh...'I say softly looking directly into his eyes. I don't know what has gotten into me but right now, all I can see is him and I want to get closer to him.

Riad stiffens as I place my palm over his cheek. I moved my head closer to his eyeing his lips.

This is wrong...this is wrong...a small voice in my head screams at me. He is engaged...this is wrong...it kept screaming but I ignored it. As our lips are inches apart, Riad places his palm over my lips. He shifts little and sits up straight.

'The rain doesn't seem to stop, I guess you should sleep' he says and leans forwards towards the front seat but I held his arm and push him back against the seat. I didn't give him any chance to react and smashed my lips over his kissing him, I kissed him hard. Riad doesn't respond, I held his nape moving my fingers up disappearing them into his mane, I tugged on his hair encouraging him to respond. But he doesn't, it is only me kissing him senseless. Two minutes into kissing him I feel agitated with his lack of response. I break the kiss and look at him, we both are breathless. I remove his coat and hang it on back of the passenger seat. My wet body hugging white shirt gets exposed. I looked bolding into his eyes as I unbutton few buttons of my shirt. He gulps, his gaze darting from my eyes to my chest. I unbuttoned first three buttons and shift it little exposing little of my cream colored lacy bra.

I didn't move my gaze from him and extend my hand resting my palm over his. I take his hand and bring it up resting his palm on my nape. I keep looking into his eyes, I see his eyes getting darker as I trailed his palm down resting it over my right breast. I smirk on seeing his gaze fall on my chest. I leave his hand but he doesn't move it. I have got his attention. I lean in kissing him again and this time he responds and we started to kiss passionately. I shiver when I feel him slip his palm into my inner. I moaned softly into the kiss as he cups my breast squeezing it gently. I pressed my thighs tightly my palms holding his face tightly, with his one hand he held my nape and with the other hand he is touching my breast, driving me crazy. I feel like I am high on drugs or something. It's like I am flying. Riad leans forward and I fall back. I smile into the kiss feeling his body press against mine as he lay over me.

'Aleesa!' Riad snaps his fingers before my eyes and I come back to reality. I look around and find that I and Riad are sitting distance apart pressed against the car door. Damn! Did I just dream of kissing Riad, that too such a sensual dream? I never had sensual dreams before. I felt my cheeks burn as I recollect the dream. I shake my head feeling embarrassed.

Riad looks out, the rain has lessened little. He asks me to relax, he then leans against the seat closing his eyes.

I am blushing so hard and to hide the blush I turn my head and look from the window into the rain. Gosh! What is happening to me? The dream, what did it mean and how did I suddenly start dreaming? It happens only in movies right, how did I get so lost? Five minutes later, I hear him snore softly. I turn my head and find that he has fallen asleep. His mouth slightly open, one of his hand resting on his thigh and one on the seat. I shift closer to him and look at him with a faint smile on my lips. I keep admiring him for God knows how long. As I look at him a realization dawned upon me.

Riad is not only good looking but also has a beautiful soul and an innocent heart. His heart! I look at the left side of his chest. I move my hand and place my palm over his chest, just above his heart.

I felt a beating heart, how is this possible? He said his heart is with me then what is this that I feel beating inside his chest. Oh, yes! The heart beating inside his chest, it's mine. I lean my head against the chest. I smile dreamily on realizing what I have done, I have given my heart to him. Suddenly, everything feels better and everything feels lighter when I realized I am in love.

'Why do you love me so much, Riad? Why are you so perfect? I don't know if I would be able to confess to you this when you are awake but now that you are asleep...I just need to tell you this...' I shift little closer extending my hand I brushed his hair off his forehead and look at his handsome face.

'I love you...'I confess sincerely. Without thinking twice, I leaned forward and pecked his lips.

'I love you' I whispered and move back.

I look at his hand, I take his left hand in mine and caressed his ring gently. 'So what if you can't be mine? Love isn't about gaining, right? Even though I know I am going to loose you, I still love you. Even though I know you can't be mine, I will be loving you. Damn! Riad, what have to done?

You stole my heart...Riad...you stole my heart' I say caressing the back of his palm. Riad is a deep sleeper, and so I was able to speak my mind without fearing he might wake up.

I keep admiring him until I fell asleep.