Chapter 16 - Odd Values

Waking up was slow and delicious - I took a luxurious series of stretches under the bedding keeping my eyes shut, just enjoying the warm embrace of the fabric around me.

I opened my eyes and gasped.

This was not my room.

I wriggled deeper under the covers and hastily pulled the rest up around my face.

Where was I??
No, really, WHERE WAS I??

An unmistakable deep chuckle from the other side of the room made me go cold.

I slowly turned my head and my stomach did a backflip.

OH MY FRIGGIN GOD.

I was in Lord Shingen's chambers.

I was in Lord Shingen's bed.

He wouldn't have. Would he?

I shrunk down deeper in the covers.

He had his back to me, pouring water from the sound of it, but as he turned towards me I inadvertently saw a lot more of Lord Shingen that I have ever wanted to - his robe was only loosely tied.

I disappeared into the bedding, then another fact surfaced, I was fairly certain I was fully dressed the last time I remembered.

I only had a robe on now.

OH MY FRIGGIN, FREAKIN GOD...

What the fecking fuck? ...

OH. MY. GOD.

I didn't want to show my face, it was on fire.

Another deep chuckle came from the other side of the bedding, and I clutched it tighter over my head.

OH MY FECKING GOD.

I felt him sit next to me, and another rush of hot blush rose as I remembered he was known for sleeping in the nude.

"Argghh" I gurgled.

Now I heard him laughing, and something in me turned cross. With a flush I couldn't stop, I pulled the bedding from my face, still keeping it under my chin. He was properly laughing at my discomfort, his shoulders shaking so much his robe fell of one.

At the sight of his bare shoulder and arm I flung the covers back over my head.

"Lady Tamara." He was still laughing at me.

"What?" I said crossly from under the covers.

"Please, look at me." I slowly just let my eyes show and he threatened to set off again, but my eyes flashed a warning and he just smiled instead. He leant in closer and I shrank away, then he whispered with a smirk still on his lips.

"I didn't do anything, even I prefer my partners to be conscious to begin with."

ARRRGGGH!!

...

EEEWWW!"

I threw myself under the bedding again with all sorts of pictures in my head.

"Where I come from we have a name for men like you"

My muffled voice was sent from the safety of the covers. Again he laughed heartily, as if my comment was more of a compliment.

"Lord Shingen?"

"Yes Lady Tamara?"

"What happened to my clothes?"

There was a brief pause, so I peeked again to see him looking away to another part of the room, as he swung his head back I dived back under.