Chapter Forty Seven- One Late Night

Roy sat in a state of pure anxiety purer than any cut nose candy he ever snorted. He was not fond of Timothy AT ALL, and couldn't tell if he was joking or not, or if that cat maid would remember him from that fateful night at the club. Roy prayed she was too fucked up to remember who he was, but he wasn't exactly someone who didn't not stand out. She said he tasted like her ex-lover...maybe she'd be over it by now. But Roy knew out of all people it wasn't that easy.

Every time he thought he heard a car coming down the driveway he flinched; his senses were never this keen. He just imagine Helena in that tight black dress humping him at the same time MacKenzie and Sparrow got back...and if she actually moved in...dear god, Roy couldn't stay in this place any longer.

He wasn't exactly sure what his plans were. With the last payment to his landlord, Roy's apartment could have already been occupied. Living with both MacKenzie AND her sister wasn't exactly pleasurable for Roy, and he doubted MacKenzie wanted to go back to LA anyway. All they had were suitcases and the lawsuit cheque-which Roy had neglected to, well, voluntarily, inform MacKenzie.

For all Roy knew the entire town of Chickasha loathed him. If Whit was truthful, and Roy wanted to believe he was exaggerating on the telephone, his best friend and family actually wanted nothing to do with him this time. Dade was his only reassurance of acceptance, even after not speaking to him for two years...it was confirmed after showing up on his doorstep and acting like they hadn't left a single day together. Roy didn't want it to change, but his worse fears told him otherwise.

I'm unhappy. I love her, but I'm unhappy.

"You're looking a little pale."

Roy winced at the sound of a female voice. He didn't hear the front door open.

"What? Uh, y-yeah did you get what you were lookin' for?"

"I, uh, ended up dropping Sparrow off at that boyfriend's house." MacKenzie ran her fingers through Roy's hair. "But yeah, I did."

"Sparrow's new client never showed up."

MacKenzie frowned. "Shame. She seemed really eager to help. Maybe she'll stop by later."

"Maybe not."

"What?"

"What?"

"I guess I could remind Sparrow to give her a call."

"Or I could take you out," Roy insisted, grasping her hand. "Let's go out. You've a lot on your mind. You worked hard today. Let me treat you."

"I'm still definitely hungover."

"Didn't we just talk about this before you left?"

"I'M PREGNANT."

Roy's eyes nearly bulged out of his skull.

"Wh-w-"

"YEAH I PROBABLY SHOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN SO WASTED YESTERDAY, BUT I DIDN'T EXACTLY GO TO PICK UP A PRESCRIPTION TODAY."

"Y-y..." He knew she was grieving, but found she was crying a little more often...

What...

"Yeah. I didn't want to tell you in public."

I had to pull over on the side of the road every ten minutes for you to vomit on our way here.

"D-did you take any-"

"Roy."

...

"ROY."

...

"ROY."

He wasn't exactly sure what fainting felt like, but assumed when he came to, that's what it felt like.