Chapter Thirteen- How You Are

MacKenzie came home a bit later than usual and with a smile on her bright face. Roy, however, was looking a bit despondent.

"Come on! Let's go to your place now," she said cheerfully. "I got some things I wanna run by you..."

"And I have some things I wanna run by you too but I'm afraid of your reaction."

As MacKenzie hopped back into her car she froze. She looked over at Roy and frowned.

"What are you talking about."

"Uh..." Roy began.

MacKenzie was scowling. She pulled over in front of Roy's building and crossed her arms.

"Go ahead," she smirked.

"Your sister stopped by today."

"Oh. That's it?" She raised an eyebrow.

Roy was relieved.

"She picked up the rest of her things I guess."

"Oh. I see."

They headed inside and MacKenzie threw herself onto the bed.

"Yeah," Roy said.

"Did you guys talk?"

"Yeah..."

"What did you talk about?"

"She couldn't handle being with me."

"Hmph."

"Yeah."

"You wanna go out?"

"Huh?"

"You wanna go out?"

"I think everything's closed by now."

"I doubt it. Let's go."

He didn't understand why MacKenzie liked bars. She was almost always the only woman there, and men noticed that. He could tell they'd be thinking about making a move on her until they noticed him too, and she grossly displayed affections for him in front of them and they'd suddenly back off when she realized he wasn't just her friend.

She really liked doing that.

With Dahlia in the library it made him rather uncomfortable. With MacKenzie, he commented on her behavior and when she ignored him he just accepted it. But he secretly missed library groping in front of the elderly. That was shit you can't buy.

"You're mine. Can't the world see it? I'm not hiding our relationship." MacKenzie said. And some sailor looking gentleman was giving them an odd look. Nothing Roy wasn't used to.

Roy found it interesting that she drank beer. She had once even taken a shot of whiskey to his surprise, and she didn't even flinch.

"So it is a relationship," Roy said.

"Remember when you said sex doesn't constitute love making? Well you said you loved me."