↠ One ↠

"Hey, Ethan!" I yell as I leave my brother Lucas at the front of the school and run up to him, it's quite a long run since he is near the car park which is over to the left. It's been three weeks since I started here at South Nardo High School and Ethan and I have become extremely close. My brother obviously wouldn't agree with me having a 'boy' best friend, but seriously who cares!

"Hey Liv!" Ethan says bringing me into a hug, I hug him back. He grabbed me by the hand as we started to walk off, but I stopped mid step. "What?" He asks as he stops walking and comes back over to me, "Who's that?" I whisper to him. "Oh that's Ava she kind of has a thing for me. Don't let her worry you." He whispers back, I look at her with a warning look meaning 'if you come near him you will have to deal with me' "Come on!" As we walk away hand in hand, I can feel Ava's eyes burning into the back of my head.

Its now recess which means Ethan and I have no class for half an hour, go us! Ethan and I are just walking around when I say, "Listen I've got to find Lucas I'll catch up with you at lunch, ok?" I say before running off without hearing a reply in return. I run around the whole school for what feels like hours before I see him standing near one of the trees talking to one of his friends. "Lucas!" I yell before running over. "What!?" He asks obviously annoyed, "Can I.....borrow....two dollars.....please?" I ask out of breath. "What, no!" He snaps back, "Why??" "Because I said so!" "Fine!" I snap back before walking away. What is he too cool for his sister now, FINE! I didn't need him anyway. I walk back to where my locker is with 5 minuets to spare, I open my locker and grab my history book before I walk to my class, maybe ill take the scenic route.

"Mythical Creatures!" My history teacher says while writing what he said in big words on the whiteboard. "There are many different types of creatures that people through out the world believe in. For example we have the classic Mermaids, half human half fish. The first mention of mermaids was in 1000bc." I zoned out due to the fact of pure boredom! I was looking out the window just thinking about random things like I don't know food, and what the cafeteria is serving at lunch. "Olivia Compson!" I hear as I get distracted from my thoughts, I look up to see the teacher looking at me. "Yes?" I ask nervously, "You will be partnered with, let's see, Justin Cowen!" I turn around to see him smiling at me, I turn back around. A couple or seconds later Justin pulls up a chair next to me and sat down. "So what are we doing?" I ask, "You weren't listening?" He says with a chuckle, "No, now what are we doing?" I ask a second time, he chuckles again before saying, "We have to research a mythical creature, and I was thinking vampires." "Sure why not." I reply. "Alright what do you know about vampires?" He asks, "Well they have pointy teeth, they have no reflection, they hate garlic and they like to kill other people and animals before they suck all their blood out of their bodies!" I finish. The look on Justin's face was pure horror, "What's wrong?" I ask, "Do you really think that's how we-I mean they are?" "What?" I ask before hearing the bell, "You are all now dismissed!" The teacher bellows. I look back to see that Justin has just disappeared.

"So how was history?" Ethan asks as we are walking towards the cafeteria for lunch. We sit down with our food before I answer, "It was alright I guess, I got partnered up with Justin for our.." but I got interrupted, "Justin, your partnered up with the Justin?" He says chocking on his meal, "Yes I am, we're studding vampires." "Really!?" He asks almost annoyed, "Yeah, but I mean we haven't leaned anything yet we just picked what topic." "Cool." The rest of lunch was silent.

The day came to a close really quickly, before I knew it I was walking home with my brother. We walk into the house to see it's empty and there is a note on the kitchen bench. "Where's mum and dad?" I ask Lucas, while getting worried. He picked up the letter and read it out loud,

"Dear Olivia and Lucas, we are so sorry we left with out telling you, and I'm sorry but we're not coming back. We stocked up the fridge and left money in the vault for you guys to use responsibly. We hope you have a happy and healthy future! Mum and dad xx"

I was beyond shocked, how could they just leave us like this. I took one look at Lucas before running straight up stairs. I have tears streaming down my face like an endless waterfall, I chuck my school bag on the floor before smacking my face into a whole lot of pillows. That night I cried myself to sleep, Lucas came to see if I was ok a couple of times, and in the end he ended up dragging a mattress into my room so I wasn't alone. But I'm sure they will come back right?, they have to right??

Mystery POV
"What am I going to do Marcus, she thinks we're some kind of blood thirsty monsters!" I say, "Well that is what we are right?" Selene asks, Marcus's sister. "Yes but I don't want to scare her off!" "Well you said that you have class together why don't you use this time to connect, after all she is your soulmate!" "Your right!" I say before walking out of the room.

↠↠↠↠↠

Vote, Comment!