Chapter Nineteen

Sunlight seeped into the room making Rina squint her eyes and shuffle slightly in bed. She felt two secure hands wrapped around her waist as her back lay against Jongin's chest. She could feel his soft breath tickling the back of her neck giving her goosebumps.

Rina shut her eyes tightly and tried to get back to sleep but it was useless so she shuffled around in Jongin's grip turning to face him. He was still fast asleep and didn't wake up even when Rina was fidgeting around trying to get comfortable.

Rina brought her eyes up looking at the features of his face. She landed on his lips and was suddenly flashed back to the events of last night.

'Did that- Did that really happen or did the alcohol go straight to my head making me imagine everything... Did I really kiss Kim Jongin?' She whispered to herself in a low tone.

"Yes Rina it did happen last night." Jongin's voice rung out even though his eye's were shut.

Rina froze and stayed silent as Jongin's eyes began to flutter open and he let out a small smile when he saw just how close Rina was to him. So close that one jolted movement would cause their lips to connect again.

"Morning.." He said in a rough husky voice.

"Morning.." Rina said back whispering.

There was a pause as the two of them just looked at each other smiling stupidly. Jongin inched slightly closer to Rina to tangle his legs with hers and play with the loose strands of her hair.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked concern flicking his eyes to her arm which was bandaged.

Rina couldn't find any words to come out of her mouth and so she merely nodded and Jongin let out of breath of relief and moved a hand down to stroke Rina's bruised cheek.

"God I hate how you're marked like this because of me..."

"Jongin I wouldn't be alive right now if it weren't for you... So please don't blame yourself for something you didn't do, because at the end of the day you saved me.." Rina spoke out placing her hand over Jongin's ones that rest on her cheeks.

"But-"

Rina cut him off by placing a small peck on his lips and then placing a finger over them.

"But nothing..." She whispered trying to reassure him she was fine. They were both fine and that was all that mattered right now.

They lay next to each other in silence until Rina broke it by asking a question that was spinning continuously around her mind.

"Jongin...Did you- Did you mean what you said last night?"

"Yes, every word... Rina I want to be wrapped in your arms skin against skin, hands intertwined...I want to fall asleep to the sound of your heartbeat knowing that you are safe.

That you are alive.

I am scared as hell to want you... But here I am, wanting you anyway."

Rina looked at Jongin speechless... She had only asked him a simple yes or no question yet he replied with a beautiful answer laying butterflies at the pit of her stomach. She wanted to say something back to him something as deep and as meaningful as what he said but for now, all she could manage was this.

"Everything I am today Jongin... You have helped me to be. You helped me get over my fear of guns; you have helped me to become stronger, faster and a better agent. Just know that if you fall I will catch you and I would gladly take a bullet for you again and again."

The gaps between the two of them began to get smaller and smaller until they could both feel their lips grazing each other and were about to meet again in a burning passion until a ring sounded out and all the attention went to Jongin's watch.