Chapter Fourteen:

3 hours.

That's all the time they had left to pack and they would be heading on a plane to Vegas.

Rina walked next Jongin along the corridor completely absorbed in the thoughts that were rushing around wildly in her mind.

'How the hell am I going to explain to Minji that I'll be gone for two days? Maybe I could say I'm going on a trip for uni? ' Rina thought about that possibility for minute before rejecting it.

'Nope that won't work at all!'

Rina yelled out in frustration causing Jongin to jump slightly and then look at Rina weirdly.

"Sorry..." She apologized sheepishly.

"Worried about the mission..?" Jongin asked.

"I'm worried about a lot of things... Missing uni for two days, the mission and my best friend Minji!"

Rina didn't know why she was telling Jongin all her worries but something has changed within the past few days. She had gone from absolutely hating his arrogant ass to simply just disliking him. You could say that the two of them were making some progress.

"You're worried about missing uni?" Jongin questioned.

"Well I've already missed so many lectures and by the time I get back from the US... I'm pretty sure I'll be on the verge of being kicked out."

They had both reached the exit of HQ and signed out with their ID Cards. Rina was about to head off in the direction of the bus stop when Jongin stopped by grabbing her wrist.

"I'll give you a ride to your apartment." Jongin said so suddenly.

"Oh, I can get the bus don't worry about it" Rina replied quickly trying to avoid having to travel with Jongin. She knew the journey would be a very uncomfortable one.

"You do know that we only have 3 hours - wait I mean 2 hours and a half to pack right? Stop being stubborn and get in the car..." He said still holding Rina's wrist bring her over to the passenger seat side.

So now Rina had found herself sitting in Jongin's car. He slammed the car door shut and Rina watched him hurry over to the driver's seat sliding over the bonnet of the car in the process.

He plopped himself in the driver's seat and put the key in ignition, before looking at Rina. They both hadn't made sustained eye contact with each other since the scene that had taken place in the study room.

After what had seemed like an eternity, Jongin broke the eye contact and cleared his throat.

"Seat belt Rina..."

"Oh um right!" She shuffled around nervously grabbing her seat belt trying to click it in but it wasn't clicking in.

"You have to shove it in with force..." Jongin advised her but she was still struggling with it.

He sighed and placed his warm hands over Rina's cold freezing ones and forced the seatbelt to click in.

"There." He said with satisfaction and removed his hand away from hers and began driving to her apartment leaving Rina staring at her hands the whole journey.

****************************************************************************************

The car came to a halt and the sound of seat belts unbuckling was the only thing that could be heard inside the car full of awkwardness and silence.

Rina suddenly remembered that she didn't even give Jongin directions to get to her apartment.

"Jongin, how the hell did you know where I lived?" She asked shocked.