Chapter 5 - The Demon

It was a shortcut she had taken many times before. She mostly took the bus to school, but every now and again she would ask if she could ride her bike to school. It wasn't a shortcut you wanted to take early in the morning.  You had to lift your bike over the barbed wire fence and step through the gap in the fence and not catch your clothes on a barb or fall and get your clothes dirty for school. 

But, after school was a different story...after school she wanted to get home and relax before her mom and dad got home from work. 

There was a ditch on the other side of the fence on their property.  If you didn't know it was there you would fall right into it.  The grass that grew out of it made it appear like all the grass around it.  It was tall and thick.  Once out of the ditch a person could scoot across the 75 yard stretch of woods and out their driveway onto the street. 

Just as she was pushing her bike up out of the ditch she heard, "Hey, this is private property." 

Before she knew it he was holding the bike by the arms of the handle bars.  "What the hell do you think you're doing crossing here?  Come here!"  He spoke through his teeth throwing the bike down and grabbing her arm. 

He pulled her off the path next to a couple bigger pine trees.  This couldn't be happening. Surprised and in shock she said nothing. He flung her to the ground and pine needles scratched at her hands. 

"I'm sorry!" she cried out as  tears began to stream down her cheeks. 

"Oh, you're gonna be sorry alright.  You gonna cross through here... ya gonna pay a toll."  He said as the blade was unfolded from his palm. 

"Please!  I'm sorry." She pleaded, kneeling up with her hands still on the ground. 

"Shut up! Just shut up!" he growled as he placed his hands on either side of his head as if he was hearing a loud siren. 

He pointed the blade at her as she began to get up.

"Just fucking stay there! You move when I don't tell you to and I'll cut you...I might even kill you...Understand!!?"

He could hear her trying to keep the sobbing quiet.  He grabbed her hair and pulled so she could look him in the eyes.

"Do...You...Fucking...Understand Me!?"

She shook her head to indicate she heard and understood him...she heard him all too well. Panic overtook her.

"Good!" he said.  He looked around as if he was checking to see if anyone was around.  Through the woods by the fence a car had just driven past. 

"Take off your shoes!  Now!  Just do it!"  She flipped her shoes off with the underside of each set of toes. 

"Now...take off your clothes."  he commanded.

"What?  Why?" she cried. "Please...I'm sorry." 

He grabbed her hair again. This time more rough, and with the back of the hand holding the knife he struck her cheek. 

"Take...Off...Your...
Good girl." He said as she pulled her shirt over her head. She then moved her shaking hands to unbutton her jeans. She slid them off her bottom while sitting on the hard ground full of pine needles, rocks and dirt. 

Her hands were trembling so bad that she could hardly maintain the grip.  She tried to cover herself with her knees pulled up to her chest and her arms wrapped around her legs. 

"Now, the rest!" he commanded.  She was rocking ever so slightly with her arms and legs as her armor. 

"Listen, don't piss me off." he said as he waved the blade to each word. 

She reached behind herself to unfasten her bra.  Her hands were shaking so much that she couldn't release the clasps.  He looked around again and did a two-step pace and back in front of her. 

"Stop fucking stalling."

She began to sob again and reached under her bra like a t-shirt and pulled it off.  She quickly covered herself with her arms. 

He pushed her back onto the ground kneeling over her smaller frame and placing his hand on her neck. He stuck the knife into the dirt next to her head and pulled her arms away from her body.

"Jesus! What the fuck?! 

He pulled his knife from the earth and pushed himself up from her neck.  He looked around and walked over to it.  He picked it up and threw it to her. 

"Put it back on!  I don't want to see your baby tits."

After getting her training bra back on, she tried again... "Please, I won't say anything." 

"I know you won't because I know where you live and I know who you are...or maybe I should just be done with you when I'm done!" 

He looked around again then back to her. 

"Get on your knees." 

She sat there quiet and in shock staring through him.  He once again grabbed her hair and pulled her forward. 

"Get on your fucking knees."

She lifted up by his leading to her knees.  He pushed her down on all fours and was over her.  She could feel the blade against her throat...

"Wake up Sam..." Dana said touching Samantha on the shoulder, "Sam...wake up... You're having a bad dream..." Dana shook Sam's shoulder and...