Ch.30- A Dangerous Game to Play

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the front door swung open and in came, Hanna, Spencer, and Aria. They immediately bombarded Emily with questions and surprisingly enough, she answered them all.

"So Kenneth's not dead?" Spencer asked to make sure.

"No", Emily answered. "Toby said he'd be fine."

"Thank god."

"Em", Aria whispered as she took a seat next to her. "This whole thing must've been so hard for you. And I know I've been blaming you for a lot of it. I just want you to know that I don't think it's your fault. None of this. You're just as upset as we are, probably even more than we are. And I'm sorry that I've been acting like the biggest bitch ever. You don't have to forgive me but I just wanted you to know that."

   Emily gave her a sad smile before taking her hand in her own letting her know that she did indeed forgive her. Hanna watched the exchange silently as guilt flooded her being.

  "I guess it's my turn isn't it?" She asked as she and the other three girls laughed. "Even though I didn't blame you for Alison...I was still a shitty best friend. I should've defended you when it came to Aria but I didn't. And for that I'm so sorry."

  "I really appreciate this guys. I needed it", Emily told them honestly before sighing. "But I also may need you for what I'm planning on
doing."

"What is it that you're planning?" Spencer asked suspiciously.

"Toby says they know where Brendan is keeping Ali."

    Aria looked up in thought and let out a knowing laugh. "They traced the calls and texts didn't they?"

  Emily nodded. "He's just outside of Rosewood."

"Where exactly?" Hanna asked.

"Apparently in his parents' old house."

"I thought it burned-"

  "So did I", Emily cut in. "Which is why I planned on seeing for myself. And saving Ali."

  "If she's still alive", Hanna thought aloud earning a slap on the arm from Aria. "Why would you say that?" She whispered.

"It's fine. She's right", Emily shrugged.

"Okay so if we're going to do this, we'd need to know where this house is exactly", Spencer said obviously.

"The internet is a lovely place isn't it?" Emily sarcastically asked.

  Toby suddenly walked up from behind them causing them to grow silent. "Are you guys taking Emily home?" He asked completely clueless as to what was happening.

  "Yes. That's exactly what we were about to do", Hanna said as she grabbed Emily and walked outside, the others not too far behind.

"Don't you feel bad for lying to Toby?" Aria asked Spencer as they got into her car.

  The pregnant woman sighed. "Of course I do."

  "I think we should take you home", Emily suddenly spoke.

  "What? No", Spencer said in protest at the unexpected suggestion. "I wanna help get Ali back."