Ch.30- A Dangerous Game to Play

The sound of her heart pumping was all Emily could hear

     The sound of her heart pumping was all Emily could hear. A hammer. The mere thought of the object made the brunette shiver with so many different emotions. She called the police herself. She was sure that no one would listen to her or believe her when she said hitting Kenneth with the hammer had to be done. That's why she called Toby.

  "Emily?" He said as he brought a hand down onto her shoulder. She met his eyes which swam with pity and she was sure her's were filled with guilt, hurt, fear, etc.

Toby took a seat next to her. "We think we may know where this guy is."

"Really? H-How-" Emily began to stutter out but Toby silently told her to save her breath.

"He's a complete idiot. From the time he called Hanna's phone to when he answered and texted yours gave us a boost. We traced them all and finally we got him. He's on the outskirts of Rosewood. In his parents' old house."

  Emily furrowed her brows in confusion. "I thought that house burned down."

"So did we", Toby sighed. "I guess we'll see when we get going."

"When exactly are you going to get going?" Emily asked referring to Rosewood Police's not so good reputation when it came to these kind of cases.

"I'm not sure", He replied causing Emily to roll her eyes. "It's not that easy. We can't just up and go."

"Why not? You know where he is", The brunette exclaimed. Toby shrugged. "Sheriff's orders Em. And I called the girls for you. They're on their way."

Emily watched in disbelief as Toby stood up getting ready to walk off. He was about to walk away until she called out to him. "Am I going to jail?" She asked quietly.

Toby sighed. "I told you before, Kenneth is fine. He just had a concussion and he should be out of the hospital in a few days."

"But...I hit him with a hammer", Emily stressed.

  "The force must've been weak."

"It was enough to draw blood."

  "It was. But not enough to kill him. He's going to be okay. And so are you", Toby told her finally before walking to his office.

Emily huffed and put her head in her hands. She looked to the clock which read midnight and sighed. Her mom had left this morning for a business trip and Emily didn't want to worry her, so she didn't tell her about any of this. As for as Pam knew, Alison was taken by Brendan and that was it.