Ch.24- Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Alison decided to stay back at the house and wait until Emily got back instead of following through with her initial plans on seeing her brother who just got back to town

Alison decided to stay back at the house and wait until Emily got back instead of following through with her initial plans on seeing her brother who just got back to town. She hasn't seen Jason in a year but she was sure he'd understand which he did.

  After about two hours, Alison heard the front door unlock along with footsteps. "How'd it go?" Alison asked curiously from her position on the couch as Emily set her keys down with a sigh.

  "It's no big deal. But apparently I need to see a sleep specialist", Emily sighed while walking into the kitchen.

  "What are you doing?" The blonde asked her girlfriend only to receive another sigh.

  Emily took a cup out of the cabinet before setting it down roughly. "Getting a glass of water. Is it a crime?"

  "No I was just-"

  "Wait weren't you suppose to meet up with Jason", Emily asked, cutting the younger girl off.

  "I was. But I told him that I had to deal with personal issues and he completely understood", Alison answered with a light smile which faltered when she had seen Emily didn't return it.

  "You could've went" The taller girl simply said.

  Alison shook her head. She knew this would result in an argument but she didn't care. "No I wanted to wait until you got back to see what was going on. I hate being out of the loop on things, especially with you."

  "I don't need you basically putting your life on pause for me alright?" Emily said, tone getting louder by the second.

  The blonde haired girl knew how much stress her girlfriend was in at the moment so raising her voice wasn't the smartest thing to do right now. "Emily that's not how it is", was all she replied but she knew the conversation was far from over. She had no idea where all of this was coming from.

  "Obviously that's exactly how it is. I get it, you love me but this is too much", Emily told her.

  Alison hesitated a moment before quietly asking, "What's too much?"

  "Everything!" Emily exclaimed.

  "You are so selfish", The blonde voiced out loud. She was done walking on eggshells around her own girlfriend.

  Emily scoffed, "Me? I'm selfish? Says the girl who's faked her death like a million times."

  Alison laughed sarcastically. "Are you serious right now? Are we really taking it back to that?"