Ch.20- Wherever the Wind Takes Us

Alison's POV

  I knew better than to let Vivian's comments get to me but I just couldn't help it. She knew all the right buttons to push. I couldn't really be rude because she did it in such an innocent way. But that bitch was far from innocent and I spotted that the moment I set eyes on her.

"Ali wait", I hear behind me and I immediately stop in my tracks. I turned around and saw Emily was running up to me.

"What" I ask annoyed, not at her but at everything else.

She grabbed my hand trying to pull me back inside and said, "This lunch is for you and your dad, don't just leave like this."

"Me and my dad? He's literally at the bar watching sports Emily. I doubt he'll notice I'm gone. He never did before", I screeched out dropping my hand from her's.

Emily panicked, "How about I talk to him?" She asked quickly.

"And why would you do that?" I asked but I knew why. She really wanted my dad and I's relationship to work and I adored the hell out of her for that. But maybe I didn't want it to work. It was no use, we'd never be the same again.

"Well, you won't. I just want you to be okay" She said with a sad expression on her face.

"Em, I am okay", I told her gently.

"You're not"

"I am"

Emily turned her head, rejecting my kiss and said sternly, "Not without your family you're not. I'm going to fix this whether you like it or not."

"You're so stubborn", I told her rolling my eyes and crossing my arms.

Emily pulled me into her and said, "Well you would know. She grabbed my face and gave me light pecks on the lips. She knew what she was doing.

"Please come back inside. Don't let that bitch run you out of here like this", she whispered to me and my eyes went wide.

"You actually called Vivian a bitch", I stated with shock.

She shrugged, "I tried to give her a chance but she kept poking fun at the things you've done in the past and I couldn't take it anymore. Kenneth didn't put a muzzle on her so I had to."

"Uh oh, what did you do?" I asked with slight fear.

"Let's just say she won't be speaking to me ever again."

"Now I'm scared to go back in", I whined and she giggled. "Don't be, I'm right here. Always."

I whispered to myself, "God I love you."

She must've heard because she replied, "And I love you."

As we walked back into the restaurant, I spotted Vivian and my dad arguing. I could tell whatever Emily said to her, it was not good at all. Vivian grabbed her bag, stormed past my dad, and pushed past us to leave.

We slowly walked back to our table and my dad glared at Emily with the same glare he'd use on Jason whenever he would embarrass him in front of company.

"Did you really say that to her?" He asked with anger laced in his voice but Emily didn't look concerned one bit. She nodded her head and shrugged.

He ran his hands through his hair and pinched the bridge of his nose, "I don't understand. You try and get Alison and I back on the right track but you just keep ruining everything."

I quickly came to my girlfriend's defense and pointed a finger at him, "Don't you dare blame Emily for any of this."

My dad rolled his eyes and asked, "How could I not? Do you know what she said to that woman? She said she'd never compare to your mother."