Ch.23- Help

No One's POV

    "Pam?" Alison asked hurriedly as she clutched to the phone, turning back to look at Emily every few seconds. She seemed to be dosing back off to sleep but Alison didn't know if that was a good idea.

  "Ali? It's 3 in the morning", The woman said in a tired voice.

The blonde haired girl breathed heavily before saying, "I know I'm so sorry but I think something's wrong with Emily."

  "What do you mean something's wrong with Emily?" Pam asked in a stern voice, now wide awake.

  "I-I don't know, she woke up screaming", The worried girl stuttered out.

  "Sweating?

  "Yes."

  "Heavy breathing? Rapid heartbeat?"

  "Yes and yes. Do you know what's going on?"

On the other line, shuffling was heard and then a sigh, "Of course I do. I'll be right over. What is she doing now?"

  "Um", Alison began before looking back at her girlfriend who's breathing evened out. "She's falling back asleep. Should I wake her?"

  "No, no it's fine. It usually only happened once" Pam replied more to herself than to Alison.

"What are you t-" The blonde haired girl began but was cut off. "I'll be right over. Just keep an eye on her."

  "Of course", Alison responded before hanging up the phone. She looked back over to her girlfriend who seemed to be at peace again. She sighed and closed her eyes as she ran her fingers through her hair. 15 minutes later, there was a loud knock at the door and Alison rushed down the stairs to open it. "Pam thank god", Alison said in relief as they quickly hugged each other.

  "She's upstairs", Alison told her and they both began to walk up the steps into Emily's room. "How long has she been asleep?" Pam asked as she observed her only daughter.

  "About 20 minutes" , The blonde answered while Pam sighed. "Can you please tell me what's going on?" She asked desperately.

  Pam nodded her head as they both say on the edge of the bed. "I first need you to tell me everything that happened before she woke up."

  "Well she was moving around a lot. And she was sweating which is weird considering the fact that it's freezing in here. She had this look on her face but I can't really describe it."

  "Like...fear?" Pam asked knowingly.

  Alison paused for a second before continuing, "Yes but it was way more intense than that. It looked as though she was genuinely frightened. And she was breathing really hard and kind of whimpering. Do you know what's happening?"

  "They started when she was 6. They went away but eventually came back around the time that you were all being harassed", Pam explained rolling her eyes at the last part.

  Alison asked, "They?"

  Pam sighed, "Sleep terrors. Have you heard of them?"

  "I have but I don't know much about them."

  "I didn't either at first until her dad told me about it. He had them as a child as well but eventually they stopped as they did with her. People get them confused with nightmares. But these aren't regular nightmares. These are more extreme."