Epilogue

Emily paced around the lobby of the hotel anxiously. She bit her fingernails and shook her head at herself. She never did this unless she was extremely nervous and that, she was. Maybe flying out here was a mistake, she thought to herself as she zipped her leather jacket all the way up to her neck before sitting on one of the sofas. No it can't be. Alison still loves me which means there's still a chance.
Emily wanted to believe this but it's like the rational side of her brain just pulled her back to reality.

   The brunette sighed as she looked at her watch for the 6th time that night. It was now 11:30pm and the receptionist said Alison and Kenneth would be there two hours ago. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Emily pulled herself up off of the sofa and made her way toward the exit. She stopped in her tracks when a familiar voice spoke. "Uh yes, she's up in her room at the moment. Is there an issue?"

Emily turned around to see Kenneth talking to the receptionist. The lady looked at Emily before saying, "Well there's someone here asking to see her but I waited until you arrived so she could ask you personally."

Kenneth furrowed his eyebrows before turning around only to do a double take. Emily saw the man visibly sigh at her. He thanked the receptionist before walking over.

"Emily."

"Mr. Dilaurentis."

"What are you doing here?" The grey haired man sighed. "And don't say you're here for Alison."

"What if I was?"

Kenneth's features hardened as he spoke, "Then it'd be pretty pointless."

"I need to see her. Please", Emily practically begged. She knew it'd be a long shot especially given what happened with the hammer.

"I took her away from Rosewood to leave behind all her memories of it. You're one of those memories", Kenneth told her harshly but Emily's intentions didn't falter. "You're ruining my plan on giving her a better life."

"I understand th-"

"Do you?" Kenneth asked, interrupting her. "Because if you did you would not be standing in the lobby of a New York hotel."

Emily didn't know what else to do. So she resorted to her heart. "I-I can't be without her. And I know she feels the same way."

"Are you sure about that?" He asked before nodding his head to something behind her. Emily turned around to be met with Alison, the love of her life giggling with some bellhop.

She continued watching the exchange but it was cut short when she and the blonde beauty locked eyes. Blue met brown and it was like the world stopped spinning and everything froze, including both girls. Alison said something to the bellhop before giving him a quick hug and walking toward Emily who gritted her teeth in jealousy.

"E-Emily?" Alison asked as she looked between her now ex-girlfriend father, eyes questioning what was happening. "Why are you here?"

The brown haired girl gave her a blank expression before looking to Kenneth who smugly shrugged. "I was just leaving."

A hand gently latched onto her arm. Emily sighed as she tried to keep her emotions in check. "There's a reason you flew all the way to New York. It can't be for nothing-"

"It's not for nothing!" Emily exclaimed causing a few heads to turn in their direction.

"Then what is it?" Alison asked firmly.