Ch.12-What A Surprise

Recap:

She walked over to her car and took the piece off the window. The note read in black marker: Nice try bitch. Keep it up and Hanna won't be the only one lying in a hospital bed.

Alison looked around but there was no one else in sight. She knew one thing for sure, this was definitely a threat.
**********************************

Alison's POV

*Saturday Afternoon*

I didn't bother telling Emily about that note I found on my car window last night. One reason was because I'm not even sure if I can tell anyone about this. Whoever wrote the note probably thought I was smart enough not to drag any of my friends into this.

Sitting down on the sofa, I saw Em come in from her afternoon run. "Hey", she said smiling.

"Uh, hi. What are you so smiley about?" I asked giggling.

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about how we never even got a chance to go on that date you promised me", she responded.

I smiled back and said, "Oh yea. You wanna try again tonight?"

"Ali", she whined taking a sear next to me. "You're suppose to surprise me."

"Oh darn seems as though I've lost my romantic side", I joked.

Emily smiled when she said, "Seems as though you're right."

I laughed and told her, "Don't worry it won't be gone for long."

"God, I hope not. So are we still going to that Universe place?" Emily asked me.

"Are you giving me the opportunity to decide where we can go?" I asked, realizing this was my opportunity to keep it as safe as possible for the both of us. If we go on a date out in public then there's a 90% chance that something will ruin it.

"Well you're the one who asked me out and the rules of dating say that person gets to choose", she said.

"Ok so how about we do something else instead of going out", I suggested.

She furrowed her eyebrows and asked, "So, like an indoor date?"

"Well I mean, maybe. I'm still not sure", I said hoping she wouldn't mind an indoor date.

She smiled softly, "It doesn't matter where the date is or how we spend it, as long as we're with each other. That's what really matters."

"You're so corny", I said moving closer and bringing my hand to stroke her cheek.

"Yea but you love it", she answered before connecting our lips.

After we broke the kiss she smiled at me and said, "I can get used to that. I mean, if you can."

That last part caught my attention, before she could change the sentence I asked, "What do you mean, 'if I can'?"

"It's nothing", was all she said as she tried to leave the couch but I quickly took her hand. "Its obviously something if you said it", I told her.