Ch.14-Perfect Timing

Alison's POV

Emily gave me one last look before opening the door. "Hey guys", she greeted Hanna, Spencer, and Aria.

Everyone gave me small smiles except for Spencer. I decided to be the bigger person and say, "Hi Spence. It's been a while."

"Yea it has", she said as she hung up her jacket.

"Ok, no more small talk. Let's get to why we're really here. A's back and you knew about it?" Hanna asked turning to me on that last part.

"Well we don't really know if it's A. I've been getting messages but they haven't been marked as '-A'", I told her.

Aria rolled her eyes, "That doesn't matter Ali. You still shouldn't have kept it from us. The minute you received that first message you should've came to one of us."

  I sighed, "I'm sorry ok. I didn't tell you because this is my problem and I didn't want to get you guys involved. This is my issue. None of you were sent any messages and I think I need to handle this on my own. I've put you all through enough already."

   Spencer scoffed, "Really? Is that your excuse. I think it's time to stop feeling sorry for yourself. You know what, I don't know who I'm tired of more, 'A' or you."

"Spencer that's enough. It's not that big a deal", Hanna said coming to my rescue.

Rolling her eyes, Spencer says loudly, "Oh but it is! Just think about it. Alison didn't tell us that A texted her, do you know how suspicious that makes her look."

"Wait, so are you saying that you think Ali's 'A'? Why?" Aria asked her surprised.

"Yeah that doesn't make any sense. Why would she threaten herself?" Hanna asked.

"There's been two A's before Hanna", Spencer said like it was he most obvious thing in the world.

"Spencer c'mon, Ali is not A", Emily told her coming to my defense.

"If you guys weren't making out you'd see that it makes perfect sense", Spencer said.

I clapped my hands and yelled, "Guys! I'm not A. We've already established this years ago."

"Overtime, things change. People change", Spencer responded giving me a once over.

"That's exactly right. I've changed from the mean girl who kept secrets from her friends. I'm an open book now", I tell them all confidently.

Spencer scoffs and asks, "Really? So do you mind telling me what you were doing at the hospital? With Logan?"

   Aria quickly jumped up, "What the hell are you talking about?"

   "I was driving by one day and I seen blonde out of the corner of my eye. That's never good so I decided to check it out. It seemed like she was following him not knowing I was following her the whole time", Spencer said looking at me the whole time.

  "I should've known better than to let my guard down around you again", Aria told me shaking her head.

  As soon as Aria said that, Emily quickly jumped in, "We were all at the hospital that day."

   She looked to Hanna who gave an eye roll and said, "Its true. Alison wasn't the only one there following Logan around."