Chapter 29

Wohoo, almost 30 Chapters!! the longest I have written so far! Besides the series.

Without further ado! Enjoy!

***********

Emily knelt beside Jack looking at one of the Homework tasks as her phone vibrated.

"I'm home" it read and Emily knew Hotch would be coming up. He always did that. One day she was home sick and she didn't know he was coming upstairs. So she had assumed that it was a burglar or someone else. And after he rounded the corner he saw Emily weakly pointing the gun at him.

Afterwards she was so sorry that she did that. But they then agreed to send a quick text before entering the house, in case of anyone being sick or sleeping. So they wouldn't wake the other one up with saying "Honey, I'm home." or "I'm home."

"Daddy's home" Emily said and Jack looked up. Finally he had done his homework and now his Dad was also coming home.

"Yes, can I go downstairs?" he asked. He knew Emily would be cleaning up the blankets and get Laura. Who was sitting on it.

The blankets removed and Laura standing they made their way downstairs too. Where she could hear Jack and Hotch talking in hushed voices.

They were planning something, but what?
She didn't have any ideas.

So instead of evesdropping she just  knocked at the wall nearest to the kitchen entrance.

Hotch instantly looked over and smiled. Walking over he silently said "Come here, little girl." so Emily gave Lauras hand to Aaron who scooped her up and gave a quick peck on Emilys lips afterward.

They continued on with their family life. They cooked dinner and as it was still a bit early after dinner they decided to watch a movie. The kids decided on "Finding Nemo" although Laura fell asleep soon after the first scene started. Luckily the fever went down a bit. Nevertheless both Emily and Hotch were still worrying.

The next day it was Aarons day to stay home with Laura, as the fever was still a bit high and they didn't want to risk anything. 

Hotch spent some time lying in bed with Laura as she was asleep. He read a book. Something he rarely did, as he didn't really have time for that. Around 9am they went downstairs. But not before he measured the fever. Which went up again. He gave her a kids Tylenol again, but knew they eventually had to go to the doctors. He lied her on the couch and prepared the chusions the same way Emily always did. He then made himself a coffe and started to read the newspaper.

In Quantico Emily was currently taking a coffee break with her friends and coworkers Garcia and JJ. They were talking about various things. "Girls, I need to tell you something." Normally Emily wasn't the type to gossip about her family life, but she couldn't rap her head around the happening of the last evening and she had to get the advice of her best friends.

"Tell us!" both JJ and Garcia said on the same time.

A/N: To be honest. I had a huge plan. But I forgot it ;( So know I have to rethink what I had planned. Tbh as well. You really seem to like the book and don't want me to rewrite it. But actually I need too. I don't have any plan how old Laura is or where I am in the time line. I just write what I want and when I feel like it and it might be the right decision. But it's not really my style. I need a plan and an outline. I'm still not sure if I want to rewrite it as a CM story or as a stand alone. As I plan to publish this when it is finished. As a side note, I will also have to change Laura's name in the revision, as it wouldn't fit with my other book. I ask you to be patient and give me ideas for how to continue. Thank you for your understanding, support and reviews. As last comment from my side, I will still update this book!