Chapter 33

As they were seated and the kids had their ice cream Hotch called Emily.

"Hey Babe, how is work?" he asked her and heard a huff.

"I just wanted to call you. We have just gotten a case. Chicago." she answered.

"Should I take it?" They never set a rule on who should take a case if one came up.

"No, don't worry. You had the last one." She said, the last one was just a week ago. The team was 10 days in L.A trying to catch a serial rapist.

"Okay, you wanna talk to the kids?" he asked her. She always wanted. "Yes please." and Aaron handed his phone to Jack. "It's Emily." he said.

Whilst Jack talked to Emily, Aaron looked after Laura. Whose face was smeared with Chocolat chip ice cream. He took a napkin and cleaned it up. He saw how heavy her eyes seemed to get, so he was sure she would be asleep in the next couple of minutes.

A few hours later

The Hotchners were now home again. Hotch sat Laura down on her play blanket she has in the living room, whilst he was going upstairs real quick. He turned the baby phone on, but also asked Jack to watch her for a few minutes. Aaron just wanted to bring his ring for Emily into his office. She hardly went into the office anyways.

Not even five minutes later he came downstairs again and started to cook up some Mac'n'Cheese according to Jack's wish.

The medicine Laura had was working for the moment. The blood work should be in tomorrow, the doctor gad said and hopefully it wasn't something bad.

After dinner they watched some cartoons together and then it already was bed time for the kids. Although Laura fell asleep 30 minutes earlier.

He closed up the house, finished the housework and was ready for bed around 9pm.

He then watched some TV in their bedroom. Which was awfully silent without Emily.

He had brought his phone upstairs, which they only do when the other was on a case so they wouldn't miss a call.

Before going to bed he typed a quick text to Emily.

Hey babe, I hope you it's going good and that you are alright. Amelia is feeling a bit better tonight. Hugs and kisses from Jack. We miss you. Love you xo -A

He turned off the bedside lamp and went to sleep. He had a long day tomorrow.

In Los Angeles

It sometimes still was hard for Emily to lead the team and honestly, she and Hotch weren't seeing each other that often. But it was the only possible solution for them without leaving the Bureau.

"Hey Emily, what's next?" Morgan asked her after they got back from the crime scenes.

"Let's bring our notes together." she suggested and so they did just that.

It barely was 4 o'clock and although everyone was tired they kept going on. They had to.

After bringing their thoughts and ideas together and made plans for tomorrow they went to their motel, where Emily saw Aarons text. Which she quickly replied to.

Hey Honey, we made some progress. Glad she feels better. How are you and Jack Jack? Hugs and kisses back to all of you. Love and miss you! xo -E

************

Now I should have more time to write, as I have just passed my finals :)