E L E V E N | Forever Thankful

{Pic of waterfall. Not edited}

Song: Shape of you

Artist (s): Ed Sheeren

When it rains look for rainbows and when it's dark look for stars.

********************************************************************************************************************************

"Where are you taking me?" I moaned twenty minutes after we set off. I looked outside once again to see the same landscape of nothingness.

"Are you sure we're not lost?" I looked at Noah unsure who just sighed.

"I promise we're not lost. In fact we're nearly there" With that he took one more turn and stopped in front of...trees? A forest to be exact.

"Why are we here?" I followed Noah out of the car. He didn't say a word and just walked into the trees. I ran after him gripping onto his arm.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Noah smiled at me loosening my grip on his arms before taking my hand into his own.

"I promise I'll protect you"

"I'll take your word" I muttered. It was rather dark now and I swear I heard a scream from somewhere. Okay maybe not. I'm just getting paranoid.

"Just round this corner and here it is" Noah stepped behind and and let me step through a curtain made of vines before her followed. Here I stood on a wooden platform which resembled a balcony with a breathtaking view of a waterfall. The noise the water made as it fell made a relax for some reason.

"You like it?" Noah whispered into my ear. I grinned from ear to ear turning around to face.

"Like it? I love it. This is amazing!" I replied gripping onto the rail infront of me.

"Aiden and I found this a few years ago and fell in love with it. So managed to build this" He laughed looking at the wood.

"You built this?" I asked surprised

"Yep." he smiled proudly and he had every right to be proud too. I looked up and saw that there were no trees covering this area and all you could see was a blanket of black scattered with stars.

"This is breath-taking"

"Listen, I'm heading back to the car. I'll be two minutes, don't go anywhere" and with that he left and true to his words he returned no long after.

"What are those for?" I asked pointing at the blankets in his hands.

"I thought I'd be easy to look at the stars laying down instead of craning your neck" he replied spreading one blanket on the floor while saving the other one to cover us. After me motioned me to lay down, I did and he followed too. I didn't know how long we laid there but eventually we fell asleep. Right there. Under the stars.

******

My eyes flutter open as I shift my body to stretch my arms only to learn that I am restricted. I rub my eyes looking at my surrounding before I remembered what happened last night. Noah and I fell asleep in the forest. Now that I think of it, that doesn't sound very safe. Anyway Noah was still asleep with his arm resting on my waist. A blanket was covering us but it was mostly placed on Noah. I yawned taking out my phone looking at the time. 10:25. I turned around poking Noah. He fidgeted but made no effort to actually open his eyes.

"Noah. Wake up, we should get going" I shook him. Noah groaned rubbing his eyes before opening them fully.

"Finally" I got up patting my clothes down before looking at the waterfall once again.

"Keep up, slow coach" I smiled at Noah who just groaned in response. I walked forward only to realise I had no idea where I was going. I frowned to myself before I felt a arm wrap itself around my shoulder.

"Not so clever now, are you" Noah smirked taking lead.

"Keep up, slow coach" He threw over his shoulder. I scowled to myself sticking my tongue at him once his back was turned.

"I suggest you keep that tongue back in your mouth" I snapped my mouth shut following him in disgrace. I sigh kicking a pebble increasing my pace trying not to lose Noah. Thankfully we both made it to Noah's car in one piece.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we made our way back to the city.

"My house. We'll freshen up and have breakfast there" He replied. I nodded leaning back in my chair. Around fifteen minutes later we got to his house. His parents were at work and only Grace, their worker was here.

"Grace, We're going to go get ready. Please make us some of your delicious breakfast" Noah smiled. Grace was around mid-fifties. She was so pleasant to be around. She reminded me of the workers back at the palace. I missed them so much. I went up to a guest bedroom and showered before changing into some jeans and a hoodie that belonged to Willow. I quickly tied my hair up in a messy bun before walking downstairs and into the kitchen. Noah was already there eating his breakfast.

"Hurry up dear, or the food will get cold" Grace ushered me forward placing a plate full of breakfast in front of me along with a glass of juice.

"Thank you" I muttered before digging in and Noah was absolutely right when he called it delicious. This was heaven. We finished around twenty minutes later helping Grace with the dishes before walking by to the living room.

"Do you want to watch movies or go out?" Noah asked sitting next to me on the couch.

"Definitely movies" I answered. Noah got up rummaging through the DVD collections.

"What do you have in mind?" he asked not looking up.

"Do you have Moana?" I asked. I've really wanted to watch this movie every since it came out. Noah looked at me for a second before sighing and loading a movie.

"Whatever you say princess." he said settling back next to me. I scowled as I punched his chest.

"Don't call me that" He just laughed.

"Or what, princess?" he teased.

"Shut up" I muttered staring at the screen. I look at him from the corner of my eye as he stared at the screen.  I never realised how lucky I was to find him. I was so lost when I first came here and it was Noah who guided me and taught me how to be 'normal'. He helped me without knowing how much it meant to me and for that I will forever be thankful.

My bucket list:

1. Travel around the world.

2. Run a marathon

3. Go scuba diving

4. Trek the Inca Trail

5. Go parasailing

6. Get a tattoo

7. Sleep under the stars

8. Crash a colour festival

9. Be in a flash mob

10. Fall in love.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

{A/N: Hey guysss. Sorry I've been away I had exams. And I also know this isn't as long as you would have liked but just bare with me. Love you guys sooo much. Don't forget to....

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Lots of love -Me