Healing

*Lin's POV*

Things are starting to get back to normal. Of course, there's still that pain, but life goes on, and so do we.

I'm busy working on 'Hamilton' again because it's heading on a U.S. Tour, and it'll open on the West End in London.

Pippa is balancing 'Amélie' and therapy appointments. She seems to be doing so much better. I'm so glad.

I decided that Pippa and I needed some time  together, since things have been crazy lately.

I sent her a quick text;

L: Hey babe, wanna go to dinner tonight? I think we need it.

P: yeah, sure! Sounds good! :)

I smiled at the texts and headed home. Tonight was gonna be a good night.

*later that day*

I finished getting ready, and sat on the couch waiting for Pippa to get ready.

As I waited, I scrolled through twitter, like always.

I looked up from my phone and saw Pippa standing in front of me and my jaw dropped.

She. Was. Stunning.

No make up, all natural

No make up, all natural. The simplicity of her attire was what made me fall even more in love.

Pippa was gorgeous with and without makeup, and when she dressed up and we she didn't dress up. She was always gorgeous to me.

I took her hand and we headed out the door.

"You know, you look beautiful.." I said, gazing into her eyes.

She blushed and curled into my side as we walked.

I smiled. This felt like our first date again.

We got to the small diner and sat at a booth. I ordered a burger and some fries. I was shocked to see what Pippa had ordered, it was a lot compared to usual. She ordered 2 burgers, fries, onion rings, 3 milkshakes.

I didn't say anything, I mean, it's always impressive when a girl can pack away food and not feel embarrassed.

As we ate our food, we made light conversation. It was a time well spent and I enjoyed every second of it.

As we were walking home, I noticed Pippa stop.

"You okay?"

"It's just... I want to remember this moment."

"Pip..."

"Lin, this is the best date I've ever had. And I know I probably looked disgusting, but..."

"Pippa. What's going on? And no, it wasn't disgusting, you were hungry.."

"Lin, I have something I need to tell you, but it has to wait..."

*oooo cliff hanger! The next chapter will be the last one for this book! -Matthew*