Not So Lucky First

*Pippa's POV*

I found myself in Renée's arms, silently sobbing. I couldn't believe this, I'm only 26, and I might've ruined my life.

Renée comforted me and held me close.

I eventually broke away from the embrace and dried my eyes.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do.. I never never thought it would happen, it was my first time!" I said, burying my head into Renée's shoulder once more.

"Well.. Pip, this is just a reason why you have to be especially careful.." she said while rubbing my back.

"I need to see my doctor and talk about this." She nodded and I broke the embrace.

*that night*

I managed to hide the results just before Lin got home. I couldn't find a way to tell him yet.

Hell. I didn't even know how to cope with it just yet.

This was all a whirlwind in my mind.. I mean.. you just.. you.. you just can't!

I laid in bed, holding my stomach and thinking about the future.

What does this mean?

What's happening?

What's this mean for my career?

My family life?

My health?

Will he still love me?

My mind was a disaster.

Lin joined me in bed soon after he put Sebastian down.

I couldn't face him.

I laid down, my back towards him.

Silence.

Nothing but silence filled the room.

I closed my eyes and let a few tears fall.

God, I hated hiding things from him.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist and I tightly held onto his arms.

"Hey.." he said quietly

"I know you aren't feeling all that great, but, don't distance yourself.." he said.

I nodded and then again, silence.

He was one to fall fast asleep.

Me?

Oh, I wasn't.

My thoughts kept swimming in my mind like an endless pool.. there was nothing I could do to stop them their.

It hurt. Everything hurt.

Silence hurt.

*next morning*

I woke up early, clenching to my stomach and running to the bathroom.

Vomit.

What else is knew?

God, it's been weeks.

Hopefully this doctor can sort things out. I need to get better. I HAVE to get better.

*At the doctors*

"Well, Mrs. Soo- Miranda, we've looked everything over." The Doctor said, taking a seat on the spiny chair thing.

I nodded, hoping for him to go on. Renée was by my side, holding my hand.

"When you were on your honeymoon, you drank, naturally. Everyone does. But you drank heavily..."

I looked down and nodded

I mean, yeah, I had hard liquors but still...

"And you drank in excess. Which is why you're here.."

Renée rightly gripped my hand.

"Phillipa, you've damaged your liver, and if you want to feel better, we need to do a transplant, or a partial one.."

My world fell apart.

26, and I need an organ transplant because I decided to drink heavily ONCE in my life.

"I recommend you talk to your family, this can be a difficult time." The doctor said and left.

Renée pulled me into a hug and I starting thinking of ways to tell Lin.

*HA! I guarantee no one predicted this... happy reading! Comment your thoughts! -Matthew *