"Sshh"

*Lin's POV*

I couldn't believe what just happened. I didn't know what to do, so I did what I could. I pulled Steven off of Pippa and pushed him away.

I picked up my fragile girlfriend and tried to comfort her as we walked to my house.

I quickly called my parents. "Hey, something happened.. can you please drop Sebby off at my place? We're almost there" I  said.

"What, what happened?" Pippa asked me, her eyes hardly staying open. "Sshhh.. you got beat up, it's okay, I'm gonna get you home and take care of you"

*At the apartment*

As I walked in, Pippa still in my arms, I saw my parents and they turned around and were shocked.

"I'll explain later, right now I just need to make sure she's okay" I said quickly as I brought Pippa into our room and laid her on the bed.

My mother came in with some ice packs, bandages, and wraps and she helped me take care of Pip.

We placed an ice pack on her eye, one on her knee, and one on her shoulder. I carefully and gently lifted her shirt to wrap her side which was very red and would probably turn into a bruise by morning.

Pippa tried to get up, but was stopped by pain. "No, no, no. It's okay, don't get up, just lay down, love" I said quietly and helped her lay back down.

She held onto my hand tightly and I gently stroked the back of her hand with my thumb and kissed her forehead. "It's okay, you're going to be okay.." I said softly and watched her eyes slowly close.

By 10:00, my parents had gone home. I had gotten Sebastian into bed by 10:30, he was extra fussy tonight.

I walked into my bedroom to check on Pippa. She was perfectly still, sleeping. I wanted to lay next to her, but I didn't wanna take the risk of hurting her.

Instead, I pulled up a chair next to the bed and fell asleep, holding her hand gently.

*Phillipa's POV*

As I slept, I noticed Lin wasn't next to me, and I started to get worried, but I figured it was because he was tending to Sebastian.

I soon felt a familiar hand take mine and I relaxed. It was Lin. He still wasn't in the bed with me, though. But just having his hand hold mine gave me a reason to relax.

At 1:30, I felt myself spring straight up, and breathing heavily. I looked around and noticed Lin asleep in the chair. I tried to stay quiet so I wouldn't wake him.

I had another nightmare.

It was worse this time for multiple reasons.

One, Lin wasn't awake to comfort me. Two, I could clearly see Steven's face. Three, every ounce of my body ached. Four, it was what happened tonight, and I was having a hard time gripping what happened.

I tried to calm down, but it was no use, my anxiety was skyrocketing and I really needed Lin.

"Lin?" I said quietly and nudged him lightly.

No response.

"Lin?" I said a little louder and shook him. "Lin, wake up, I really need you.."

He made a few inaudible noises and he rubbed his eyes.

"Yes Pippa?" He said and looked at me.

It took him one glance at me and he realized what was happening.

"Ssshh, there, there, it's okay, I'm here,
I'm here.." he kept repeating quietly in my ear as we hugged.

He held me close and I had a death grip on his shirt. "Lin, I'm so scared.." I said quietly.

He stroked my hair and rubbed my back.

"Ssshh.. I know, I know.."

I eventually fell asleep in his arms.

I knew I was safe because I had Lin. Lin was, and always has been my safe place. And I know as long as he's around nothing bad could happen.